• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

r22922

Beach Comber
May 27, 2008
Well, we finally made the stop by this afternoon. I have to tell ya that I was a bit taken aback when we saw the $3.50 each sign but I expected something proportionate to the price. It was not. Though the selection was pretty broad they are normal sized cupcakes that you would make at home. I felt that the quality was sub par to things that I have bought at Modica's and I'm not a huge Modica fan but they do have quality stuff.

We will call mulligan on this first visit and hope that our next visit will be better.

Dear Mr. Barrow, it's very disappointing to know that you're this negative about a new business in Seaside.
I for one think the prices aren't too bad seeing as they are made fresh and aren't right out of the box at Publix.
Sounds like you'd rather take a road trip to PCB or Destin for a cheaper treat.
Happy driving!

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Dear Mr. Barrow, it's very disappointing to know that you're this negative about a new business in Seaside.
I for one think the prices aren't too bad seeing as they are made fresh and aren't right out of the box at Publix.
Sounds like you'd rather take a road trip to PCB or Destin for a cheaper treat.
Happy driving!

Well, I came home and read this and had written a reply that in hindsight I wouldn't have been proud of. I'm glad that my computer locked up!

I'll drop the subject, I certainly don't want to be seen as someone who is against the businesses in Seaside.

I wish you guys well and if the next time we visit my opinion is changed, I'll be sure to mention it here.

dean-

Last edited:

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Well, I came home and read this and had written a reply that in hindsight I wouldn't have been proud of. I'm glad that my computer locked up!

I'll drop the subject, I certainly don't want to be seen as someone who is against the businesses in Seaside.

I wish you guys well and if my the next time we visit my opinion is changed, I'll be sure to mention it here.

dean-

You're a better and more polite man than I am. His pissy little retort to you doesn't display great business acumen, does it?

seaschnells

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Seagrove
I asked Queen Bee and here is the answer to the original question. The in-season hours are 11-10 Sunday- Thursday and 11-11 on Friday and Saturday.

salidaco

Beach Lover
Aug 13, 2007
You're a better and more polite man than I am. His pissy little retort to you doesn't display great business acumen, does it?

I guarantee that response did not come from Queen Bee. Only friendly people there. Asked for a picture to post and here are a few.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
The Queen Bee is a doll baby and I am sure she will do just fine. Working the kinks out and surviving this economy are in very capable hands. I can't be a frequent cup cake patron but when my tips are good and the girls come to get me at work, we will be stopping by to lend support!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We tried the cupcakes towards the end of our trip and we were not overly impressed. There was much less icing than in the pic's above and the cupcake was a little dry and not too special. That said, it was their 1st week of business and I'm sure they're knocking out a lot of kinks.

I'm a pretty good cook and am from a family of great cooks so I'm hard to impress on baked goods so I don't want to be too harsh.

It's a cute place, cupcakes are the rage across the country, and kids loooove cupcakes so I wish them the best of luck!

My wife got home and informed me that she had to try a cupcake from QB. She came home raving about how great they are. She got me one too and Im trying not to get icing on my computer as we speak. They are real tasty and where else can you get a cupcake from an Airstream across the st. from the beach.