• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Do most of you lock your cars at home?

Always even just to run in the house and pick up something I left behind.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You betcha'! And, I have such a habit of locking doors behind me, that I have locked Mr. K out of the house multiple times. :D
Mama Scooterbug not only locks the doors on us, she locks the screen doors. Her theory is that criminals are lazy so it might still dissuade them - our theory is that it is annoying (and it hurts to bounce off them) and that is excessive since there is a large dog who barks at US, let alone the criminal who walks down the long driveway to get there.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Do most of you lock your cars at home?

uh... ... YEAH!!

I lock my car everytime I get out of it, whether it is at home in my drive, store, work, anywhere. I never leave it unlocked. I do it mainly for safety reasons. I have a fear of getting in my car and someone being in it. I know, I know....but still. And, I have a lot of CD's in my car that I really like and I don't want them stolen.

Sorry this happened to you.

Same here. As a matter of fact, I immediately lock my doors when I'm IN the car! :lol:

I say better safe than sorry.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Mama Scooterbug not only locks the doors on us, she locks the screen doors. Her theory is that criminals are lazy so it might still dissuade them - our theory is that it is annoying (and it hurts to bounce off them) and that is excessive since there is a large dog who barks at US, let alone the criminal who walks down the long driveway to get there.

My house is one that screams, "There isn't much to steal here." 4 of my closest neighbors have lived here 50+ years, and my parents live next door. The neighbors are all retired and now every move I make, and Mom and Dad can see my door from their recliners!

Even so, when my crazy neighbors with the alleged meth lab lived next door, I got in the habit of locking doors, windows and car. You never know what someone will do when s/he's loopy on the juice. Now that they've moved out in the dead of night, I'm not so vigilant. :blush:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
We're not living in Hooterville anymore.

Speak for yourself! :lol:

My dad (who, with my mom, locks the doors even when they're home) likes to remind us that when he was a kid they only locked the door on Sundays. If they didn't, his Uncle June (short for Junior) would come over and turn all the furniture upside down while they were at church. :rotfl:

We have alarms so that if someone opens the screen doors, the alarm goes off before the intruder even has a chance to try to break in. I think we have overdone our security, but after the home invasion, that's the way we roll.

We always turn on the alarm at night and/or if we go upstairs. And we keep guns in lock boxes in key locations in the house. I have signs around the house that say, "Owner has gun and will shoot intruders." We also have motion alarms all over the property. We get false alarms from deer quite frequently, but a false alarm is better than no alarm. We just look out and hope to see the deer. If there were an intruder around, the deer would scoot.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
We have alarms so that if someone opens the screen doors, the alarm goes off before the intruder even has a chance to try to break in. I think we have overdone our security, but after the home invasion, that's the way we roll.

We always turn on the alarm at night and/or if we go upstairs. And we keep guns in lock boxes in key locations in the house. I have signs around the house that say, "Owner has gun and will shoot intruders." We also have motion alarms all over the property. We get false alarms from deer quite frequently, but a false alarm is better than no alarm. We just look out and hope to see the deer. If there were an intruder around, the deer would scoot.

Cool art. :funn:

My cousin had a huge sign on their property that said, "You Are Under Visual Surveillance!"

:rotfl:Not video, but visual! They had a few break-ins.....sleepy little town in S. GA. After posting the sign, no more break-ins.