• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Guess you are just smarter than me because no I don't understand your post about 30-A.
Posted via Mobile Device

My hope is that you are in the minority and smarter heads will prevail. I think you just like to argue and live in the past....is that what you are interested in?
Enjoy your chairs.

To the original poster on this thread....if you have been lurking around here, you would know that both negative and positive posts have informed sowallers (near and far), stopped rumors and given many a platform to get great things accomplished in the area. Thanks for your post!

bloominorchid

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2008
SOWAL paradise
Code enforcement is comprised of five officers of which one is the manager, plus the administrative assistant. Leave no trace is well known to be very important to the citizens of south Walton. July 4th has to be one of the busiest times in south Walton. So how serious is the situation really being taken when you look at the allocation of resources.

Thursday--1 officer on duty - Gomer
Friday--1 officer on duty - Goober
Saturday--0 officer on duty - No one on duty-not even AuntB
Sunday--1 officer on duty - Barney

As this was being explained to me I may have mixed up Saturday and Friday. While Saturday is the holiday, Friday is what the county says is the holiday.

If this level of service is acceptable during such a busy time, one has to wonder, why not just go ahead and make this the level of service year round.

I am a dedicated lurker on this site and I rarely make my own opinion known regarding all of these issues. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is the perfect forum for airing those opinions. However this bothered me enough to write a post....I understand the frustration with the beach debris,I too enjoy our beautiful beaches every day. I have come to really love this area and am proud to call it home. There are people out there every day trying to solve these issues and come up with a working solution that pleases most of the masses and they have to start somewhere. Why do you,interested girl, have to resort to calling county workers names? Isnt it bad enough that Code enforcement officers have a difficult job? Why don't you show some support instead of derogetory name calling. Really...maybe you should walk a mile in their shoes before you spout off.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Have you ever called them, dealt with them, seen them in action, seen them actually do their job ? I bet not!

I initally gave them respect and support - having actually asked them to do their job and watching them, bob,weave and dance rather than enforcing the ordinances they are paid to enforce - they have lost that support.

I find nothing difficult about their job other than the fact that they find difficulty in doing it. Give me a break - the highest tourist day in SOWAL and no one is on duty.

If you want results on issues call Sheriff Mike.

Still trying to determine who plays Floyd's role and who plays Andy's role.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

bloominorchid

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2008
SOWAL paradise
Have you ever called them, dealt with them, seen them in action, seen them actually do their job ? I bet not!

I initally gave them respect and support - having actually asked them to do their job and watching them, bob,weave and dance rather than enforcing the ordinances they are paid to enforce - they have lost that support.

I find nothing difficult about their job other than the fact that they find difficulty in doing it. Give me a break - the highest tourist day in SOWAL and no one is on duty.

If you want results on issues call Sheriff Mike.

Still trying to determine who plays Floyd's role and who plays Andy's role.

Posted via Mobile Device

Still didnt answer my question, why do you resort to name calling? Doesnt solve the problem and causes resentment.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
And you didn't answer mine. Guess we are even

I did not call anyone a name - assigned a Mayberry character to unnamed people.

I kind of resent their lack of action, professionalism and results.

Just my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

totally

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2008
Code Enforcements hands are tied by what the TDC, BCC, , Legal Services, Sheriff's Dept., etc. want to do or not do, depending on who is suing them at the time. Don't blame the messenger when there are other issues pending. They do what ther are told to do and work hard at it.:love:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I do not buy that excuse, sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe you should. I have called code enforcement on many occasions and the response has almost always been fruitful. The area across the street from where I live was clear cut without permission. Due to code enforcement, it was finally re-planted, and while certainly not the same as it was, is now presentable. I understand, though I can't confirm it, that over $60,000 in fines were leveled against the owners but a settlement was made for about 1% of that amount. That certainly isn't code enforcement's fault, if it is true. We have a financial shortage in the county and this kind of thing transpires? Like an earlier poster said, give them support county officials and let them do their job.