• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think the funniest thing about this entire story is the press continuing to run it. Yesterday on the Today Show, one of the hosts asked why the story was still running, just before she reported on it.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
There's more than one tiger in the family.;-) All I can say is, "You go gurl" opening a can of Swedish mean-ass on him. He probabby popped off at her, with the whole "I'm Tiger Woods and you are lucky and what if I did cheat" and she was all, "Let me show you how the golf balls feel" and he ran like a little gurl.:rotfl:
:rotfl:

I always come to sowal for the gossip. ;-) :rotfl:

yep. I've heard the basics over the last few days, but I came to this thread to see the gory details.:D

I'm with KDW on her analysis of the situation:
So, I have been thinking about this situation. I don't get how people who are very high profile think that they can do things such as this and get away with it. Seriously, don't they know that eventually it will get told?

Stupid is as stupid does! I have always loved me some Tiger Woods, but I have to tell you, I hope the wife kicks his cheating A$$ out of the mansion and takes 1/2 of everything he has! Perhaps then, he might keep it locked up a little tighter!

A part of me wishes that they can work things out, but take it from someone who has been where Mrs. Woods is....it ain't likely to happen!
Tiger! stupida!!! that's italian for stupid.;-)

and I would like to state what he deserves as far as surgical procedures, but I shall refrain. perhaps a subject for lounge discussion later.:D

I heard a little of Tiger's statement. I totally agree with him that this is a private matter. even though I do have an opinion of his stupida actions, it is really not my business. I do not know the Tigger personally so I do not truly care. though somehow I do care. hard to explain. (oh please spare me the "public responsibility" line - he is still a mere human being who deserves to live his life even if he chooses to make a complete mess out of it after living a seemingly perfect life in every way).

when I was a younger woman I would be all mad about hearing about anyone cheating on a wife because infidelity was a threat to me and all women. But, now I know its not a threat to me at all. Its a poor choice that has nothing whatsoever to do with me. The person is going to have to live with the consequences as well as his/her loved ones. not me.

I'm not trying to say we should not have this discussion, or have opinions - I surely have mine (he's stupida). I think its amusing (the discussion, not the actual situation). and its funn. and it has its serious side too. I'm just trying to say that in my opinion, whatever Tiger and or his wife have done in recent days is a private matter. we only know what has been reported. and what has been speculated.

privacy is not to be for Tiger. and that makes him a really really big stupida.

Last edited:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Last time I checked, it was very easy to get a free cardboard box, free shirt, free pants, free blanket, free stolen cart, free spare change. Even easier if other people know that someone is without the bare essentials. It is much easier for a homeless person to get a replacement cardboard box house, than it is for Bill Gates to rebuild his house. It is also easier to fill the pockets of a homeless person with cash, than it is to fill Bill Gates' checking account with cash.

Is this a sincere post, SJ? I'm not sure you understand the needs of a homeless person. What little they have is extremely important to them, things you can't put a price or value on. Sure, they can go out & find another box or an old bike from the trash pile. But it's not about replacing these seemingly worthless items. It's about "holding onto" what little bit of collateral they have. What appears to be worthless & useless to one person, is priceless to the owner, no matter what their level in society is.

I see this each week at the homeless shelter at our church during the winter months.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've slept beside homeless people and have learned quite a bit from them. When you do the same, come back and tell me that I don't understand the needs of a homeless person. Most homeless people bounce from thing to thing, always searching for something better, but they never seem to cling to anything. They are smarter than that. The people with homes think that they have permanence and security, but in reality, all they have is an illusion. Homeless people have a much clearer understanding that everything is temporary. I've seen homeless people give away everything they have to someone else who might need it more. Homeless people can be very resilient. I'd much rather discuss homeless people than Tiger Woods affairs.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I've slept beside homeless people and have learned quite a bit from them. When you do the same, come back and tell me that I don't understand the needs of a homeless person. Most homeless people bounce from thing to thing, always searching for something better, but they never seem to cling to anything. They are smarter than that. The people with homes think that they have permanence and security, but in reality, all they have is an illusion. Homeless people have a much clearer understanding that everything is temporary. I've seen homeless people give away everything they have to someone else who might need it more. Homeless people can be very resilient. I'd much rather discuss homeless people than Tiger Woods affairs.
I agree on the resilience (for those who aren't affected with mental illness/homelessness) and Tiger's affairs. :wave:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
We all know that Tiger Woods is not a horrible person. Maybe he bought into that celebrity thing. Be careful what you wish for. His wife is physically beautiful and I would imagine a beautiful person inside and out. My heart breaks for her because it is becoming apparent that he was not faithful to her when she was pregnant with his beautiful children. Even though I am not a fan of his, obviously it was a slow news week. Hopefully they can work it out.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
We all know that Tiger Woods is not a horrible person. Maybe he bought into that celebrity thing. Be careful what you wish for. His wife is physically beautiful and I would imagine a beautiful person inside and out. My heart breaks for her because it is becoming apparent that he was not faithful to her when she was pregnant with his beautiful children. Even though I am not a fan of his, obviously it was a slow news week. Hopefully they can work it out.
In the context of his wife and family, and what is more important to a husband than his wife and family, tiger woods is a piece of filth with a huge ego and checkbook.

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach
I think someone making a billion dollars by being the very best and most skillful at hitting a golf ball into a tin cup on a lawn.....this is the real "Fall' of mankind IMO, and not getting his freak on with multiple bimbos.