• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I just looked up something about the FCAT scores for Freeport and South Walton HS, and maybe I am reading them wrong, but why would we want to bring a leader in from a school whose grade as I read them are lower, and the grades at their current school are lower than what they were in 09. My opinion is I would rather have a principal who has been here and has seen the success from those he has worked under and continue to replicate that success.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Oh and the first 2 principals have been excellent, Marissa and Mark deserve a lot of credit even though their style were different as I understand it.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
The job has to be advertised for 10 days.

David Preast will be the principal and Charlie Morello will be the assistant principal.

derka

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2010
The job has to be advertised for 10 days.

David Preast will be the principal and Charlie Morello will be the assistant principal.

Who is David Preast and where did he come from. I haven't heard great things about Ewing but know nothing about David Preast.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Mr. Preast is the current vice principal. I've had good experiences with him.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Mr. Preast is the current vice principal. I've had good experiences with him.

Ditto. I've also had good experiences with Mr. Preast. In addition to his duties as vice principal, he participated in the Walton County Chamber's leadership program. He is engaged with the whole community and has reached out to actively participate. If he is indeed the choice for principal of SWHS, I send best wishes and congratulations. Tough job. Long hours. Constant action. Everything that might go on in a community is reflected within the school walls and must be handled while focusing the students on the challenges of learning and opportunities to be their best. Most people could not handle this job.

Last edited: