• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
If you want to have the right to travel on the roads in a golf cart and be treated like a car, you might want to think about using parking spaces. :lol:

Today at Publix - these dudes must have thought the front entry was a carport.

img1256s.jpg
Who's guessing this is a tourist? lol
Why do these people seem to leave their brains at the State line?

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
He should have gotten a ticket. I guess like everything else certain laws are enforced and others ignored. Would it have been worse if he were an illegal alien or would you have had pity?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If you want to have the right to travel on the roads in a golf cart and be treated like a car, you might want to think about using parking spaces. :lol:

Today at Publix - these dudes must have thought the front entry was a carport.

img1256s.jpg

I really wish I had taken the photo of the SUV that did the exact same thing in the rain over the summer.

LSV's don't cause bad driving, the oblivious morons do. I've heard that rhetoric before and I didn't like that organizations ideals either.

All that being said a friend of ours has a golf cart on the west end of 30A near Goat Feathers. He uses it to drive to the beach club, Gulf Place, and Bally Hoo's. He was floored when I explained this thread to him. His question was why a mode of transportation designed for a very small radius was being proposed as a long distance travel method?

Here's some standards of golf cart use in a work setting on a restricted area:

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/pubs/videoresource/stpgolfcart.pdf

The preceding was brought to you by a state that passed a law allowing guns in bars.

leencoo12

Beach Crab
Oct 2, 2010
We watch the traffic on the east end of 30A in the morning and evenings there's a ton of folks that don't abide by the 30 mph coming out of Rosemary. I'd be for more enforcement of the present limit and a consistant 25 or 30 the entire length of our Scenic Highway.

Do LSVs include mopeds? I know the tourists love them, but they've become an eye sore / noise nuisance on scenic 98.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Do LSVs include mopeds? I know the tourists love them, but they've become an eye sore / noise nuisance on scenic 98.

No - they are street legal and most are fairly high speed. Kinda cool to see them zipping around an Italian town but annoying in most tourist spots. Yet a ton of fun and energy efficient. Also quite dangerous as most people who rent are novices.

I suspect that in coming years most will be electric and quiet.

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
Cool fun vehicles attract morons who just want to step on the pedal and forgo understanding the laws or operators manual.