• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
:lol: you are talking to SEC football fans dude!
Well said!

Teresa, we'd stay at home to watch games, but when we come down for a weekend, it's impractical to cook. Our refrigerator is empty (the cleaning service empties it after renters leave), so we have nothing except olive oil and dry spices/seasoning in the owner's closet and a few condiments in the little fridge in the garage. To cook a meal would require buying too many staples. We can dine out cheaper than we can cook for the two of us. :wave:

Plus I don't wanna be cooking and washing dishes when football is on. I am too focused on football. :lol: It's just a Gator thing.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
There are literally hundreds of meals you can make that contain few ingredients and can be fully consumed by 2 people.

Not to mention the wide variety of take-out items readily available.

There are literally hundreds of meals you can make that contain few ingredients and can be fully consumed by 2 people.

Not to mention the wide variety of take-out items readily available.
That's what I do during the work week.

On the weekends I want something special or different, especially at the beach with fresh seafood available. And not to have to buy groceries, cook, wash dishes, and clean the kitchen counters while football is on.

So I think we'll do takeout or go to places that have TVs on game days.

KineticEnt

Beach Lover
May 16, 2010
Why?

Why are we still having this conversation? I realize this is a forum and people are allowed to talk about things they love to hate...but really?

The solution is simple: Want to watch football? Go somewhere that has TV's! Want to catch the new episode of How I Met Your Mother over a sandwich? Go somewhere that has TV's!

Being in the entertainment business I spend lots of time at the local bars and restaurants either promoting myself, a band, or the bar itself, so I know that there are plenty of places along 30A (and God forbid we ever leave 30A and go hang out at Pier Park or the Destin area, right?) that have TV's and are ready to use them!

Go There!!

P.S. Go Noles!!!

Why? Because many of us come to the beach during college football and basketball seasons and like to enjoy watching games and not having to buy groceries, cook, wash dishes, and clean a kitchen. Hubby and I have full-time jobs and want to relax on the weekends.

Our Saturday options are clear now -- watch Game Day while eating Cheerios and fruit at home, Shoo Mamas burgers or take-out shrimp from Goatfeathers for lunch, and dinner at the Borago bar or takeout from Pizza Bar or Bruno's for dinner. That works. And gives us both some chill time with no work.

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
Why? Because many of us come to the beach during college football and basketball seasons and like to enjoy watching games and not having to buy groceries, cook, wash dishes, and clean a kitchen. Hubby and I have full-time jobs and want to relax on the weekends.

Our Saturday options are clear now -- watch Game Day while eating Cheerios and fruit at home, Shoo Mamas burgers or take-out shrimp from Goatfeathers for lunch, and dinner at the Borago bar or takeout from Pizza Bar or Bruno's for dinner. That works. And gives us both some chill time with no work.

And Ballyhoo. I hear they have a few TV's and their food doesn't suck anymore. As a matter of fact, they have really great burgers, home made onion rings, and more beers than most people can count with their shoes off!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

I totally get what you are saying - if you are on vacation cooking may not be what you want to do - I'm with you on that completely. Plus, some folks really enjoy watching football with others in a bar or restaurant environment.

My point is that there are plenty of places nearby to go watch some football, from Shades to Shoomamas, Ballyhoo, etc. but I do not know for sure which places have TVs for football, so it is worth asking that question! I think I shall. I saw some big screens in 98 BBQ the other day - that is some good eating!

I totally get what you are saying - if you are on vacation cooking may not be what you want to do - I'm with you on that completely. Plus, some folks really enjoy watching football with others in a bar or restaurant environment.

My point is that there are plenty of places nearby to go watch some football, from Shades to Shoomamas, Ballyhoo, etc. but I do not know for sure which places have TVs for football, so it is worth asking that question! I think I shall. I saw some big screens in 98 BBQ the other day - that is some good eating!
Thanks for your new thread with a list of places with TVs for football. :bow:

Actually the last time we went to V, they had a TV at the bar.