• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
I have a rental house in Grove by the Sea--last week I talked a renter out of renting a LSV...she has a 3 year old and a 10 mo old--I asked her if she puts them in car seats when they go out in the car. OF course, she answered "Yes, I do." Then I reminded her that the golf carts/LSV do not have provisions for car seats..and asked her why she would even think of carrying her infant on her lap behind the wheel and her toddler in a seat belt in an open vehicle. Her answer--Oh, I didn't even think of that!
She decided to skip the golf cart and I still got the booking for the week.

Only one more true week of the summer season to go. Yippee.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sent you a PM. I have no financial interest in their spreading and hate the mother puckers. The fact is that like cyclists they are legal and have that state given right. Unless you want to change the state law then you have to come to a compromise.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
LSV's have a right to the roads. GOLF CARTS do not and I wish you and others would be more clear when discussing this issue about the difference. To use them interchangeably only confuses the issue in tourists minds, and using the term "street legal" does nothing to clarify the difference.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
LSV's have a right to the roads. GOLF CARTS do not and I wish you and others would be more clear when discussing this issue about the difference. To use them interchangeably only confuses the issue in tourists minds, and using the term "street legal" does nothing to clarify the difference.

My apologies. I do use the term golf cart to describe LSV's and I'll refrain from such going forward.

Autigr89

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2012
Seagrove Beach
I have a LSV, and a Walton County tag on my vehicle. Not to mention the insurance I carry for the LSV. My cart will do 26, and that is plenty fast enough for county road 30A. Golf carts not registered should not be used on 30A especially not on the pedestrian path as I have witnessed. I did notice that the police are pulling these vehicles over, and checking for seat belts and insurance.

I say "PP" because this am I got run over by kids not paying attention on the path. Let me remind folks that pedestrians come first then bikes. Just venting myself but my glass remains full! :), and I love 30A and everything it has to offer.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I think even pedestrians really should pay attention. Out of nowhere sometimes they jump right in front of cyclists. Why can't people just pay attention period? In the old days if you were out of it, that meant you were stoned. Now it's just plain fashionable to be all wrapped up in yourself and the hell with everyone else.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Smallmart sells bicycle bells and horns for less than $5.

The bell is as important as the seat, tires, and handlebars.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Pedestrians do not "come first"; they have the "right of way". That does not give them the right to walk three or four abreast on the MULTI-USE path or for moms with strollers to stride down the middle of the path or to never acknowledge an "on your left" from a cyclist as it passes ( yes cyclists need to do more of that or ring that bell) and for certain NO GOLF CARTS/ LSV's!!! Pedestrians and cyclists alike need to pay more attention and be more courteous so ALL can enjoy the Path.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
[...]The fact is that like cyclists they are legal and have that state given right. Unless you want to change the state law then you have to come to a compromise.

It doesn't require changing a state law. The same state statute that authorizes LSV's also permits local municipalities to set their own rules governing uses on their roadways. Walton county has the power to ban them, at least on 30A itself.

I'm not sure how new ordinances are sponsored and introduced in Walton county, but one could be created to ban LSVs on 30A.