• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
Good to know, thank you dmarie. It seems Seaside has some interesting characters on their HOA board. This is not the first report I've heard of a board member acting in what I consider to be a very non neighborly way. If we ever buy in Seaside, it won't be on Tupelo. Shame, as I like their pavilion the best.

Last edited:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We've been staying on Seaside. We don't have a lot of money but like staying there and found a house on Tupelo that we like. Were also going to come back in July after our June stay but will be in Seagrove on the beach which isn't affordable at seaside. Everyone has been nice to us but have been aware of issues over the years. If it's too exclusive we might not return but it is like paying more money for courtside seats at a game and security keeping people out who paid a lot less. Ellen

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Comparing beach usage to seats at courtside is wrong, wrong, wrong! To begin with, everything South of the MHWL belongs to the public. They can use it as they see fit as long as it is not illegally used. More importantly, the beach should be accessable to all through public accesses and they should be able to transverse it to where ever they wish. IMO, it is sheer arrognance for some to believe otherwise and merely shows how little they really are.

Last edited:

swedishKj

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2014
I just don't understand you people.

Doesn't sound like she is Breaking any rules to me!!!! If police can't enforce it then who can? Seasides Andy Taylor and Barney?
If Seaside want's things a certain way, why not help them out and follow what they desire to make their beach a better place. This decision was made because the beach there was over run by people from other places. Ok then, come there to cause a scene on the beach. The law is public beach is the HIGH WATER LINE. If you want to sit in the hard sand and act a fool, feel free. But, everyone there on the beach will know you are there to cause trouble. Just foolish. Wish people were helpful instead of everyone wanting to fight. Crazy America.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
If Seaside want's things a certain way, why not help them out and follow what they desire to make their beach a better place. This decision was made because the beach there was over run by people from other places. Ok then, come there to cause a scene on the beach. The law is public beach is the HIGH WATER LINE. If you want to sit in the hard sand and act a fool, feel free. But, everyone there on the beach will know you are there to cause trouble. Just foolish. Wish people were helpful instead of everyone wanting to fight. Crazy America.

Are you president of the Tupelo Street neighborhood association?

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Not exactly The mean high-tide line is a fictional line that is measured by averaging “all high-tides over an 18.6 year cycle, as determined by the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic Survey.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Hey! There I am!

You're going to have to send me a check.

MLS%2B3%253A3%2B-%2BRoyalty%2BCheck.jpg

That should about cover it.