• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
southofphilly-sandwhich.jpg

South of Philly Restaurant opened on Hwy 393 (just north of Scenic 30A at Gulf Place) last Fall. Owner Jeremy Price moved his popular eatery from Seagrove Plaza into the location formerly occupied by Enzo’s Italian Restaurant.Jeremy always wanted to make cheesesteaks. Growing up in Pennsylvania he grew to have a genuine passion for the “real” cheesesteaks.

southofphilly_0021-1000.jpg

“All I ever wanted to do as a child was eat cheesesteaks and my best friend and I dreamed of someday opening our own cheesesteak-cooking place,” laughs Jeremy. “Most restaurants who offer an ‘authentic’ philly cheesesteak aren’t even close…we start by using Amoroso Rolls and incorporate only 100% ribeye steak. We patty all of our meat for burgers, no frozen patties will do.”

Although most South of Philly customers choose either the Philly Cheesesteak or the South Philly Burger, other menu options include Pulled Pork Tacos, Caribbean Shrimp Tacos, Gyros, and Chicken Curry. Salads are also offered along with a variety of smoothies. Don't forget a cold glass of beer!

Jeremy’s emphasis is providing a good meal at a reasonable price.

“I want the working public to be able to come in here with their kids and enjoy an authentic cheesesteak meal at an affordable price,” says Jeremy.

He offers daily lunch specials geared around this concept.

“I pride myself on knowing what frequent customers like and want….when they walk in the door they know they will be eating the best cheesesteak south of philly….that’s what I’m all about.”

Check out South of Philly at 1598 South County Highway 393 in Santa Rosa Beach and get the real deal cheesesteak and more! South of Philly serves lunch and dinner Monday-Thursday from 10:30am-8pm, Friday and Saturday from 10:30am-9pm, and Sundays from 10:30am-7pm. Contact South of Philly by phone at (850) 622-1055 or email at info@southofphilly30a.com.

Learn more about South of Philly in the SoWal Dining Guide. (add your rating & comments to South of Philly dining page)

Read more...

We'd love to hear what you think...you can comment here or on the story page. Feel free to share on your site, blog, facebook, or any other site.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We had a fabulous lunch at South of Philly today! What a great addition to South Walton! Truly great food, affordable, casual and great for families!

The favorites on the menu are the philly cheesesteak (roll is as scrumptious as the cheesesteak) and the cheeseburger (buns made by Crust Artisan Bakery). The fries are excellent as well!

My lunch today:

10533763_10152316613323196_2783816502013761337_n.jpg

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I've eaten there and it was excellent. Not exactly diet food, but who does that on vacation?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
While its not diet food, it sure is soul satisfying! Great place, great food.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Ate there a week ago Thursday. All I can say is holy crap! That was the real deal. I'm picky about my cheese steak sandwiches like I am about my coleslaw. They did not disappoint. Awesome! It's on the mandatory dining list, now, for each time I go down to the house!