• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
The issue is not about closing the door, but protecting our state parks and preservation lands from encroachment by developers.

Attacking people does not further your cause.

Try to get this thru your simple mind, I have no cause here,
I have no compelling interest in this walkover
except to point at hypocrites and NIMBYs

You may paint yourselves as Thoreaux or Muir but in
reality most of you simply want the power to tell
others what they may or may not do.
If my posts are too much for your delicate sensibilities just stop reading them.

Last edited:

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Let's slow down a bit Zebra... I agree with you that attacking people for their positions is not right. However throughout this thread any time someone has even tacitly supported the walkover, we have been accused of financial motives and enemies of the environment. At the same time I have not heard one peep from anyone about the true environmental issue in our area....Chelco asking us to lobby Congress on their behalf so they can continue to generate electricity from dirty coal fired plants destroying the environment. But then again, it is easier to make a walkover a symbol for environmental destruction than it is to push for clean energy and potentially pay a higher power bill.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Let's slow down a bit Zebra... I agree with you that attacking people for their positions is not right. However throughout this thread any time someone has even tacitly supported the walkover, we have been accused of financial motives and enemies of the environment. At the same time I have not heard one peep from anyone about the true environmental issue in our area....Chelco asking us to lobby Congress on their behalf so they can continue to generate electricity from dirty coal fired plants destroying the environment. But then again, it is easier to make a walkover a symbol for environmental destruction than it is to push for clean energy and potentially pay a higher power bill.

Wow that's quite a leap.

I didn't know about the issue you speak of and I bet most people don't. Will you start a new thread about it and give us the facts? Thanks...

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
the way I see this is ...a gated community is wanting the COUNTY to procure STATE land to build a "public" walkover in a community that there is no "public" access to this walkover and they are not willing to give up any property to make the said walkover accessible to the "public".. (yea,you can use it but you have to park on SCHOOL property but its only 3/4 a mile away). If we dont show up "en masse" to oppose this there is something wrong.......

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Well I'm all in favor of it and I don't give a flying **** what anyone else thinks. There, I said it.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
New threat not necessary regarding Chelco. Check your in box if they have your email address. Read their newsletter. Look at their website. All speaks for itself.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
the way I see this is ...a gated community is wanting the COUNTY to procure STATE land to build a "public" walkover in a community that there is no "public" access to this walkover and they are not willing to give up any property to make the said walkover accessible to the "public".. (yea,you can use it but you have to park on SCHOOL property but its only 3/4 a mile away). If we dont show up "en masse" to oppose this there is something wrong.......

You are mistaken. The access is not inside a gated community. It does not connect to a gated community. The neighborhood does not own land next to the proposed boardwalk. There is currently no access from the neighborhood within 1/4 mile of the walkover. If the neighborhood tried to create access, it would have to buy property outside of the neighborhood and possibly fight a rezoning issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
What are your views on fluoridated water?

My point is...if people are going to profess to be environmentalists, they need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Did you see how many "environmentalists" showed up to the workshop in large SUVs? Let's at least agree that they are selective in their outrage over environmental issues.