• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
People have been screaming short on JOE for years, yet it seems to maintain it's position.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm wondering how much time you have if you shorted it at $1 back in 2006? LOL

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
which is why the shorts are panicking as you can plainly see.

Since short positions have increased by 24% over the past year as of July 15, 2014 to their highest level ever, it really doesn't sound like they are panicking. Their operating results are what they are, not compelling, with a declining asset base, and their best land long gone.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Joe seems to be making some serious transitions. Heard they want to buy Rosemary Beach holdings.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think the west bay sector plan will help to maintain their position, especially if they go developer/builder route they've done in the past.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
What I said was "I agree with the analysis", which was published prior to their earnings release, after which their stock dropped significantly. If you can read an income statement, and carve out one-time items, such as bulk sales of land, and look at their historical inability to a) generate profits on an operating income basis, and b) inability to execute on numerous business plans (see their 10-K's, 10-Q's and assorted press releases over the past 4 years announcing a change in strategy), and it paints a pretty compelling picture.

Coondog is correct. Everything else is just noise. You have to make profits. Trading land for cash is not profit. And increasing the book (accounting) values of the land is also not an operating profit. You have to make and sell something, or sell a service. The way I see it, JOE really isn't a going business concern; it is rather a sophisticated divestment structure.

Park Brady out, effective immediately, as JOE CEO.

wow.