• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Things to know about the NAACP;

1.) The initial meeting of the NAACP (circa 1909) in Springfield IL. was a majority of whites (53 out of 60 were white)

2.) The majority of their financial backing has almost always come from white Americans and corporations funded by and run by whites including Wells Fargo (the bank accused of stealing millions of African American homes) through predatory lending.

3.) Whites are currently driving the bus of the racial divide that has been created in Walton County and you don't have to look any further than the Uhlfelder's to recognize that.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Will somebody please define "Southern Heritage" or "southern pride" for me. I've been a southerner my entire life, but I don't get it, especially used in the context of the Confederate flag. Please enlighten me.

Danny Glidewell shared this on facebook and I think it accurately represents what most Southerns believe in regarding heritage and pride.

http://southerness.weebly.com/

In case you stop scrolling because you don't think the pictures accurately represent southern heritage and pride please note the web site developers (Steve Akins) own message.

Some might argue that the pictures presented here don't portray a realistic image of the South because the photos only show its best qualities and do nothing to reveal its problems. While this is true, the photographs that I selected are intended to celebrate what is right about the South, not what is wrong with it. For those of us who live here in the South, the things that are wrong with it and the problems that trouble it are very evident in our day to day lives, and we would gladly do away with them all if we could, so that our world would be a perfect one, free of poverty and ugliness. Unfortunately we are limited as mortals in our ability to transform our world into a more perfect place, so we can only hope to encourage those things that are good and decent and wholesome, while shunning that which is a blemish on our society.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I'm seeing white sheets coming out of the closet.
I am seeing angry black and white people coming out of the closet holding signs and shouting "we want..." while suits and ties (both black and white men) sit in an office smiling and smoke a cigar. The rich get richer and our paradise is divided...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Pack your bags and move, Yankee!
So, now I'm a Yankee because I don't like football and need to move? I don't like basketball or baseball either. Got any other names for me?

Wow! Just wow!

If I had to claim roots specific to a certain state I'm probably more "southern" than most of you who migrated here. I spent the majority of my childhood/teens in Texas and my adult life right here in Florida.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
So, now I'm a Yankee because I don't like football and need to move? I don't like basketball or baseball either. Got any other names for me?

Wow! Just wow!

If I had to claim roots specific to a certain state I'm probably more "southern" than most of you who migrated here. I spent the majority of my childhood/teens in Texas and my adult life right here in Florida.

lighten up Misty! 30A Skunkape is playing with you.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
lighten up Misty! 30A Skunkape is playing with you.

Teresa, with so little voice inflection in written words it's hard to tell with some of you what is a joke and what's not.

But just so you know...I actually thought being called a "Yankee" was funny given where I grew up.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I am seeing angry black and white people coming out of the closet holding signs and shouting "we want..." while suits and ties (both black and white men) sit in an office smiling and smoke a cigar. The rich get richer and our paradise is divided...

Isn't that against OSHA to smoke in the workplace?