• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
One last comment @Phil Good then I'm going to go drink some calming tea (or a bottle of tequila :drink:) to settle my last nerve that you systematically set out to get on! I don't give a tinkers damn what the majority of the BCC thinks of me (there are 2 exceptions) because I don't think much of dirty politicians who don't operate in the Sunshine, have hidden agendas and do not support the people they were elected to serve. It's also why I don't attend BCC meetings anymore. I cant afford to drink and herbal remedies don't offer the same effect that staying away from the bullshit does.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Absolutely. Do Taxi services operate on public property? How about an ice cream truck?

Very poor analogy!! Taxi's and ice cream trucks are not stationary for the majority of a day and do not prevent the normal flow of traffic or prevent other drivers from getting to their destination!

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
It is amazing that some people think that being rude and disrespectful somehow drives their point home. When the whole vendor issue came up I basically sided with the vendors. I figured they were just earning a living and providing a service. I have been convinced by the evidence that in fact vendors are harming tourism and aggravating locals and need to be reined in. I am sure I am not the only person who has changed their mind due to bad actions by vendors.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
It is amazing that some people think that being rude and disrespectful somehow drives their point home. When the whole vendor issue came up I basically sided with the vendors. I figured they were just earning a living and providing a service. I have been convinced by the evidence that in fact vendors are harming tourism and aggravating locals and need to be reined in. I am sure I am not the only person who has changed their mind due to bad actions by vendors.

Right again Danny. I believe a public beach is a public beach; no commercial activity. Or, at the very least they need to be reined in as you say.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't think a total ban is politically feasible but I do think not allowing vendors at neighborhood accesses and selling franchises to one vendor for each regional access would be a reasonable compromise. I also think a total ban of ghost setups on public beaches is necessary and a total prohibition of setups closer than 30 feet to the water as well. If this does not solve the problem then we can go farther. Our total economy must come before any individual or group.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
@Phil Good
Simple question please. Do you believe operating a commercial enterprise on public beaches is fair to the community?

Should you engage me with sincere honesty, I may want to follow up with a few respectful questions.

Thank you-
Absolutely.

Thank you for the reply.
Follow up question...
Where would you draw the line? Meaning, can I setup a hotdog business at a public beach? Three hot dog stands? Ten? Twenty?
Can I set up hot dog stands that are empty with no hot dogs...just to promote the other hot dog stands?

Thank you-

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't think a total ban is politically feasible but I do think not allowing vendors at neighborhood accesses and selling franchises to one vendor for each regional access would be a reasonable compromise. I also think a total ban of ghost setups on public beaches is necessary and a total prohibition of setups closer than 30 feet to the water as well. If this does not solve the problem then we can go farther. Our total economy must come before any individual or group.

Why not? PCB and Bay county got tired of scooters....

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain
Thank you for the reply.
Follow up question...
Where would you draw the line? Meaning, can I setup a hotdog business at a public beach? Three hot dog stands? Ten? Twenty?
Can I set up hot dog stands that are empty with no hot dogs...just to promote the other hot dog stands?

Thank you-
If there is a demand for it, set up as many stands as you can and still remain profitable. Have you been to NYC lately? Hot dog stands everywhere!