• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Nevermind...carry on with your vendetta.

Vendetta? Seriously? Who in their right mind isn't just gobsmacked at the BCC for giving away public land, for free and allowing private enterprise to profit from it?? Except vendors and/or their relations of course.

No where in the free world is that legal nor would it be tolerated!

Seadune85

Beach Lover
May 23, 2016
South of the bay
You act like walton county is the only place in the world where vendors operate paying nothing more than a permit fee!!! You may need to crawl out of that hole and look around its happening everywhere with businesses of all kinds!! Not just on the beach in walton county!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You act like walton county is the only place in the world where vendors operate paying nothing more than a permit fee!!! You may need to crawl out of that hole and look around its happening everywhere with businesses of all kinds!! Not just on the beach in walton county!!

Oh...so let's be like every other moron in the Country who you allege is doing this and take PUBLIC land and hand it over to private enterprise! Makes perfect sense...in a clueless world.

The problem is the land does NOT belong to the BCC. It belongs to the people of Walton County and the State of Florida.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. It has also been pointed out to you that even the State of Florida charges vendors to set up in State Parks. It's not cheap! & It's certainly not free!

Seadune85

Beach Lover
May 23, 2016
South of the bay
I'm sure most vendors would gladly pay a fee to operate the business that feeds their family if that's what the bcc decided to do. They do already pay their permit fees to operate so surely another fee will not deter them. Then what will you have to gripe about? I certainly don't see them ever going away...

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
A fee, also referred to as a Business License...

Something a great deal of people are apparently against.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm sure most vendors would gladly pay a fee to operate the business that feeds their family if that's what the bcc decided to do. They do already pay their permit fees to operate so surely another fee will not deter them. Then what will you have to gripe about? I certainly don't see them ever going away...

Haha! If the fee doesn't impact their business by being unreasonably cheap why would they object? They don't pay rent on land that doesn't belong to them now.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008

I don't believe Walton County requires a business license to operate a business in the county. I also think it's the only county in the state that does not.
Is this correct?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Why in heavens name would they be for something they get for free right now?

Seadune85

Beach Lover
May 23, 2016
South of the bay
Why wouldn't they be for it. If it shuts people up then so be it and in years past I know there are several vendors who have bid to lease the property on which they operate...granted that was private property but I'm assuming they wouldn't object to paying to lease county property as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.