• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
100k plus in campaign donations sure gives the appearance that some of the elitist crowd you reference support Mr Anderson.

It's clear there is a force backing his campaign. One doesn't just command this type of donations unless it's an organized effort.
To be fair, it should be noted that Ms. Meadows has raised about the same amount.

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain
Obviously you have not spent much time talking with the guy you are so quick to defend on this board have ya? Why don't you ask him out of the last 7 or 8 candidates he has supported/controlled, how many he has lost? He would be quite happy to tell you what his millions have bought and paid for.

The public records speak for themselves.
jGeuf0mcBdh3q.gif

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
To be fair, it should be noted that Ms. Meadows has raised about the same amount.
But it should also be noted that over $40K she donated to herself versus the $115.00 Mr Anderson contributed to his campaign.
PS.. I noticed that most of the donations for Meadows were one time donations while many of the ones for Anderson were the same people donating thousands of $$ multiple times.

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
But it should also be noted that over $40K she donated to herself versus the $115.00 Mr Anderson contributed to his campaign.
PS.. I noticed that most of the donations for Meadows were one time donations while many of the ones for Anderson were the same people donating thousands of $$ multiple times.
You beat me to it. It clearly states that she put most of the money up herself?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a lot of money just to come up with on a county salary ?

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
Obviously you have not spent much time talking with the guy you are so quick to defend on this board have ya? Why don't you ask him out of the last 7 or 8 candidates he has supported/controlled, how many he has lost? He would be quite happy to tell you what his millions have bought and paid for.

The public records speak for themselves.
Let's go back to a former conversation you had , Have actually spent much time speaking to the person your are kicking in the gutter huh?? Crickets ,crickets ....I would think not but please enlighten me to how you are always in the know about all of these people you bash.. I would bet all the money I have you have never met anyone of them so Misty/ Lynda Dian. Or who ever you are.. Who is the puppet or who is your puppet master ..

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
If you are running for office to make money then you are either naïve or a crook. The jobs do not pay near enough for the hours required or the fact that people are constantly prying into your life and calling you screaming at you for something that you may have no control over. Not to mention that around 50% of all your neighbors won't speak to you after you vote the other way on a controversial issue. That is why it is so hard to get people to run at all. But most people who run do so because they love people and love their community and feel they can help make things better.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
You beat me to it. It clearly states that she put most of the money up herself?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a lot of money just to come up with on a county salary ?
I wouldnt really call an amount that equals less than half "MOST".

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I'm very hesitant to post on Sowal but I am compelled to point out the importance of Misty's first sentence. I have stood before the BCC many times over the years expressing my concerns and opposition to various issues. One I remember vividly involved what I considered a blatant waste of taxpayers money. Although it was only a few hundred thousand dollars, it had (and maybe still does) the potential to be much greater if passed. I was able to get it defeated at this meeting, but in true Walton County fashion, they finally pushed it through. At that meeting there were only three others in the audience. I encourage you to attend these meetings, or at least watch them online. I believe we can make a difference if we just get involved.

Primary turnout is usually very low. How about a contest amongst all precincts to see who wins bragging rights for the highest percentage turnout? PLEASE VOTE! An awful lot of men and women have died to give us that privilege.

Election: 2016 Primary Election

Election Day: August 30, 2016
Early Voting Begins: August 20, 2016
Early Voting Ends: August 27, 2016

You must be a registered voter on or before August 1, 2016 to participate in this election. To vote for a County Commissioner, you must be registered as a Republican and you can switch back for the General Election.

Early Voting Locations:

Early Voting Location Name Status
Freeport City Hall
112 ST HWY 20 WEST
Freeport, FL 32439

Walton County Courthouse
571 US HWY 90 E
Defuniak Springs, FL 32433

Walton County Courthouse Annex
31 Coastal Centre Blvd
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
If you are running for office to make money then you are either naïve or a crook. The jobs do not pay near enough for the hours required or the fact that people are constantly prying into your life and calling you screaming at you for something that you may have no control over. Not to mention that around 50% of all your neighbors won't speak to you after you vote the other way on a controversial issue. That is why it is so hard to get people to run at all. But most people who run do so because they love people and love their community and feel they can help make things better.

I wouldn't run for public office in this County simply because of what the Blue money is trolling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.