• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
We went Sunday, and I was very pleased. I don't care about bread, but if that is your thing, you might get peeved. Not sure what the issue is with the portions as they seemed adequate to me. We split the calamari small plate for an appetizer, and it was plenty for two. It was delicious. We both tried to order a Caesar salad, the waiter simply suggested we split one, and that was plenty salad for us both. It was a great salad, by the way, with anchovy. For main course we had grouper special and chicken parmesan and both were fantastic. I am attempting to post a pic of the grouper. It came with a wonderful house made jam and roasted brussel sprouts. There is a good wine list, we had sparkling rose before eating and had the server match a glass of wine to go with meal. Then we split tiramisu for dessert, which was unbelievably good. I left really full and happy. Pricing is similar to, if not a little less than Café 30A. We will be back!

Attachments

• emeril.jpg
    emeril.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 121

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
In Italy, the do not serve bread with pasta - that's an American thing.

I spent a summer in Italy and was served fresh baked Italian style bread with every meal starting with breakfast. That's how you know what region you're in by the texture of the crust. Seems like it turned into a rock the further south we went. But always wonderful. I could live on pasta, bread and wine.

Last edited:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
We went Sunday, and I was very pleased. I don't care about bread, but if that is your thing, you might get peeved. Not sure what the issue is with the portions as they seemed adequate to me. We split the calamari small plate for an appetizer, and it was plenty for two. It was delicious. We both tried to order a Caesar salad, the waiter simply suggested we split one, and that was plenty salad for us both. It was a great salad, by the way, with anchovy. For main course we had grouper special and chicken parmesan and both were fantastic. I am attempting to post a pic of the grouper. It came with a wonderful house made jam and roasted brussel sprouts. There is a good wine list, we had sparkling rose before eating and had the server match a glass of wine to go with meal. Then we split tiramisu for dessert, which was unbelievably good. I left really full and happy. Pricing is similar to, if not a little less than Café 30A. We will be back!
It's priced a little less than Cafe 30A because Emeril's doesn't have tablecloths and serves their tiramisu in a shot glass.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
It was in a glass but come on it was not a shot glass. :dunno: If the dessert was glopped out onto a plate I bet it would be a similar quantity as what one would find with the more traditional block rendition. I will gladly pay less and forego a tablecloth (does 30A use them? I honestly don't recall).

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Joho has me confused based on his post. Do you like Emerils, not like Emerils, work there or what?

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
It's priced a little less than Cafe 30A because Emeril's doesn't have tablecloths and serves their tiramisu in a shot glass.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
My martini was thimble-sized too. Another knock. Yeah, they need to re-think a lot, starting with portions and bread service.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
$6.00/shot glasss. 5 of us tried 6 of them.....all fabulous

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Joho has me confused based on his post. Do you like Emerils, not like Emerils, work there or what?
I suggest everyone try it, you be the judge. I think with the competition in this area of fine restaurants there's room for improvement. To answer your question, no I don't work there, it is only an opinion of my dining experience.