• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Describe large amount of sales tax Nick generates for Walton government, now compare to most any business in SOWAL. He may the Big fish in basin bayou, but only fry in the scope of SOWAL..............

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
This is a picture of the signs placed out front of Nick's Restaurant in Basin Bayou by Trey Nick's grandfather. He was a firm believer that our taxes were way too high. He thought enough was enough and they needed to be voted out.

I remember years ago coming through Basin Bayou and seeing the signs in the background, I don't ever recall seeing the forward sign which says "vote for taxes", not saying it wasn't there, I just don't recall it.

My point in putting it here is Brannon resurrected the sign a few days ago and posted it. I assumed it was a show of support for Trey Nick.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
If Mr. Nick has not put himself out there then he is not considered a public figure and doesn't deserve to be impuned in public. Back off!

Wilma Watson

Beach Comber
Aug 21, 2016
Walton County
Patriot Games - Call me a Troll or whatever you want to. It makes no difference to me. I spend much of my time each quarter completing humanitarian services. I look on Sowal to catch up on issues occurring within our County. Over the past year it has become a, "Let's talk about people and subjects of which the facts are incorrect or just idle gossip which can be spun to one's liking." I will no longer visit this site for knowledge of local issues. You still have not answered the question of what have you have done to enhance our County and have used several post to redirect the issue. I do consider Trey Nick a friendly acquaintance and have seen the hours and hard work he and his family put in daily along with the character he and his wife have instilled within their children consisting of hard work and giving back to their County. Hard work is hard work no matter if it is a family business started by his grandfather years ago or not.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Patriot Games - Call me a Troll or whatever you want to. It makes no difference to me. I spend much of my time each quarter completing humanitarian services. I look on Sowal to catch up on issues occurring within our County. Over the past year it has become a, "Let's talk about people and subjects of which the facts are incorrect or just idle gossip which can be spun to one's liking." I will no longer visit this site for knowledge of local issues. You still have not answered the question of what have you have done to enhance our County and have used several post to redirect the issue. I do consider Trey Nick a friendly acquaintance and have seen the hours and hard work he and his family put in daily along with the character he and his wife have instilled within their children consisting of hard work and giving back to their County. Hard work is hard work no matter if it is a family business started by his grandfather years ago or not.
Well if something is incorrect and you want to bring the truth then that is also what this site is for. Don't be offended just because you are right.

With that said, in general, being a humanitarian or a hard worker doesn't automatically mean a person is going to be a good guardian of our county, or associate themselves with the right people in politics.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not running for office Wilma, Absolutely agree with Bentwoods second statement. Tucker, nobody on SOWAL put Nick up as a candidate, his "Friends" are telling everyone. Nick can simply post somewhere that he is not a candidate and this issue can be moot.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I wasn't singling you out. I was talking to everyone. If I was talking to only you I would have quoted you or addressed you @Kaydence .

So defensive. :rolleyes:

No, what you did was make this appear to be a character assassination by those who want better government.

All of us and myself personally have as much right to discuss who his backers may or may not be based on what is being said in public as you do to defend it.

I'm responsible for what I say. I don't speak for everyone and obviously others can will and do speak for themselves. I'm not the only one who saw it as you being defensive over one of your friends.

Elections are not about voting for your friends/associates because you personally like them. It's about voting for the best person for the job even if you don't know them from Adam's A$$.

I personally do not know Trey Nick. I know his daddy well as my daughter worked for him in high school but neither of those reasons are substantial enough to vote for Trey. What is substantial enough NOT to vote for him is, his associations and who his backers will be and I suspect from things I'm hearing that Trey Nick means more of the same crappy government we already have no matter how nice he is.

The SBA and Blue money turns my stomach!! It should yours as well!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
No, what you did was make this appear to be a character assassination by those who want better government.

All of us and myself personally have as much right to discuss who his backers may or may not be based on what is being said in public as you do to defend it.

I'm responsible for what I say. I don't speak for everyone and obviously others can will and do speak for themselves. I'm not the only one who saw it as you being defensive over one of your friends.

Elections are not about voting for your friends/associates because you personally like them. It's about voting for the best person for the job even if you don't know them from Adam's A$$.

I personally do not know Trey Nick. I know his daddy well as my daughter worked for him in high school but neither of those reasons are substantial enough to vote for Trey. What is substantial enough NOT to vote for him is, his associations and who his backers will be and I suspect from things I'm hearing that Trey Nick means more of the same crappy government we already have no matter how nice he is.

The SBA and Blue money turns my stomach!! It should yours as well!
I don't know him. I'm telling you and everyone else to back off and be nice. You and other poot shooters are so used to trashing politicians that you need to know you can't do that to private citizens. Until he declares he has no backers. He is a private citizen and is not posting here to defend himself so you don't have the right to talk about him in a public forum in a negative way. That is clearly libelous, especially if you harm his reputation or business. He is not a public figure. Yet.