• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Wilma, pull your lower lip over your head and swallow. Nick has never been seen at a meeting for somebody so concerned. He knows who I am, I'll gladly take the suit. Like she said, he's running for public office and is choosing to live in a glass house. He is supported by organized corruption if he is backed by the SBA and the likes. Just because you haven't been on the receiving end of local corruption doesn't mean it hasn't made plenty of FAMLIES suffer. Go read the legal matrix for the county. Ask the people of Grand Point who the county left hung out to dry. Lots of facts are posted on other sites and here that clearly show we have a good ole boy network running the county. The interests they protect are for the blessed insiders while our community gets the shaft. Nick will run from the real issues just like Phony Tony.

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach
Patriot games: How can you call someone a POS when you have never met them? That is classy. Trey Nick is not owned by anyone. Good luck trying. Yes, Nick’s is a restaurant which pays a large amount of state sales tax, employment taxes for at least 25 employees, and has been in existence since his grandfather opened a fish camp there in 1952. He is a generous donor to many civic organizations and schools. What have you done for Walton County?

Come on - it's ridiculous to make a for profit business as some referendum on someone's character. With few exceptions, by definition a for profit business is self serving. Taxes are part of expense of running the business - he's not running the business in order to pay taxes - so how much he pays in taxes is irrelevant as a qualification to how he would run Walton County.

There are a lot of questionable commissioners who ran businesses, look at Tony Anderson, who in my view is a complete failure for his district.

Give me someone who understands the issues and runs on protecting what we have and controlling growth. I don't hear that out of any of the commissioners. The only thing slowing them down are private citizens and that means we have a runaway situation.

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
ANY candidate that is running shouldn't even be considered if they haven't taken the time to get first hand information on the issues. If they don't attend meetings, do their own research and prove to be intelligent and independent enough to make their own decisions based on such, then we don't need them in a leadership position! Of any kind!!!
I don't care how "nice" they are! If they don't have the ability(intelligence/knowledge) or strength (backbone) to do the job efficiently on their own, then we don't need them!!! I'm SICK of weak leadership!
If they don't have time (or take the time) to educate themselves on issues prior to running for office, do you really think that will change after the election?????

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Come on - it's ridiculous to make a for profit business as some referendum on someone's character. With few exceptions, by definition a for profit business is self serving. Taxes are part of expense of running the business - he's not running the business in order to pay taxes - so how much he pays in taxes is irrelevant as a qualification to how he would run Walton County.

There are a lot of questionable commissioners who ran businesses, look at Tony Anderson, who in my view is a complete failure for his district.

Give me someone who understands the issues and runs on protecting what we have and controlling growth. I don't hear that out of any of the commissioners. The only thing slowing them down are private citizens and that means we have a runaway situation.

If memory serves, the businesses Tony Anderson had a hand in or partnered with someone else were DISMAL FAILURES, as was his marriage. His first year in office has been scripted for him by the likes of Cecilia Jones, the SBA or his secretary who just happens to be an inlaw/outlaw of Lloyd Blue's. At every BCC meeting he reads from an already prepared dossier which has been carefully crafted for him on the issues which come before the board. The man doesn't have a mind of his own and couldn't wipe his rear end without instructions or Cecilia and the SBA's help. He knew nothing about government or how to run a business and he hasn't improved with time.

Back to Trey Nick...I see or read comments all the time on social media about how good the food is (I have eaten there myself) and hear wonderful things about Nick as a person. I also know the civic work his father was/is involved in. My daughter worked for Mr. Nick from the time she was a freshman in high school until she graduated. Met her now ex husband there and had her wedding reception at Basin Bayou Nicks but none of that means I'm willing to support Trey Nick as a candidate for County Commissioner.

Totally agree with you on understanding the issues and controlling growth which we have had NONE of in NoWal. In fact we have 4 commissioners with the majority of their districts being up here and we don't even get lip service out of them. Now Trey is running and doesn't even live in the district he's running for but then again, neither does C. Jones. Is he actually going to live in District 4 or is he going to pretend or fake it like C. Jones does? If he's not invested his district (actually living and owning a home) there is nothing to prevent him from ignoring his constituents. Just ask Tony. He is from NoWal and has forgotten all the people he served as a humble mailman in exchange for the grandeur of SoWal....YEP bought and paid for!

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
If Trey is backed by SBA and the pave paradise crowd then he's walking into a very bad time. Now that people have seen tony be the puppet that was forewarnwed ... It will get mighty ugly.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I don't know who Mr Nick is, but I appreciate the idea that he has put himself out there. I look forward to meeting him.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
What are the boundaries of District 4? It was my understanding that it included a major chunk of the county west of Freeport.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hard to tell if Basin Bayou is in District 4 or District 1 from that map. I will ask my friend who lives by Nick's.