• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Most accurate sentence of the issue and easy for all to understand.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.32.41 PM.png

The County is just following the Procedures set forth in unfair, arbitrary House Bill 631 designed to create a process for beach counties wishing to affirm Customary Use. A Bill beachfront owners supported rather than letting the current court cases continue. They can't have it both ways....support the Bill then cry foul and say they are victimized when the County follows the procedures set forth in the Bill.

The Customary Use Ordinance should have held and been decided in the courts but the Florida Legislature at the urging of powerful political forces unfairly overreached against the home rule our County.

Customary Use should have held until Judge Green ruled in this case but the Florida Legislature, by starting the law on July 1, 2018 denied the people the full use of our beaches as they have always used them. This start date, empowering beachfront owners to exclude good people from the sands they have played and relaxed on with their families for hundreds of years. Let the Judge decide or as it will be, Judges.

NO, the County did not just arbitrarily decide to sue the 1200 + properties, they were following orders from the Florida Legislature and reacting to the outlawing of our County’s lawfully passed County Ordinance. The County was put into a box; it was either lose the use of the beach for it's citizens and visitors or follow the HB631 procedures to reinstate Customary Use.

The county had no choice; follow the procedures set forth in house bill 631 or just rollover and let our beaches become a patchwork of private and public beaches. I admire and applaud their conviction by taking measures to preserve the public use of all of our beaches for us and future generations. And if this lawsuit is won the rest of Florida and The Nation can thank them for taking this first important and essential step.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, SupView, etal your attempt to divide the people on the issue of who caused the lawsuit is not working. Blaming the county after you have your exclusive buildings that block the public from the resource (views, access) on this beautiful resource (The Gulf of Mexico, Sand Dunes, Dune vegetation) by using waivers and variances and all that your wealth and power allows you is placing you further and further from the truth. With every post you are getting further from the truth of who is to blame and who is to be shamed. If I were you I would stop posting. I realize that is not what powerful people do and so just keep on trucking as we like to say. IMO you should take this moment in time and reflect on something much more important than controlling The People and this resource. Be Happy and rejoice in the rewards that our economic system has rewarded you.

House Bill 631 was politics. Yes, we all know how well you are connected to politics. You won. The People lose. You have money and power. The People don't. Politics will always bend toward money and so you got what you wanted. So here we are posting in this forum about who is to blame and who is to be shamed. I think both sides has plenty of room to improve in behavior and respect. We all have said stuff over and over and it is getting old so I propose something that I am sure you will laugh at but here it goes. Why not cool this down to a squirt gun fight on the beach between you and Dave. You know like a duel between rivals. Afterwords we will have a good ole fish fry. I will furnish the fish and maybe Dave will cook them. This community needs something fun to get behind and be proud of instead of all this back and forth. Should we start another thread for support on the Beach Duel?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
On the Beach Duel I would like to reach out to Steven Rinella who is an author, conservationist, conservative and host of the Meateater show to officiate. He is a pretty good chef also so this could be really fun. I think the community needs something like this right?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I was not expecting my attempt to brighten up the mood to be struck down so fast. Oh well back to the lawsuit, blame and shame I guess.

I support public beaches, property rights and respectful behavior. It is amazing to me why we can't have all three. I don't want to blame anyone or any ideal or any political side. So frustrating that our political division keeps us from compromise. Since we are back to blame and shame, I blame and shame this deep divide that we have gotten ourselves into.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
If I were you I would stop posting.
Funny, I’ve been thinking the same thing....about you. Your general attacks on phantom adversaries as well as your delusional ideals are growing really old. As a matter of FACT, you claimed a previous post was your last post on the subject. So much for your word.

You have money and power. The People don't.
Mighty presumptuous, don’t you think?

Why not cool this down to a squirt gun fight on the beach between you and Dave. You know like a duel between rivals.

I think Reggie’s invitation of a public debate between him and Dave where the proceeds of admission are donated to charity is a much better one.

Dave Rauschkolb and you insistently call out those on SoWal who do not use their real names. WHAT BETTER WAY TO UNCLOAK A MASKED BANDIT THAN TO ACCEPT REGGIE’S CHALLENGE TO A DEBATE?

Dave, I fully expect you to ignore the debate challenge as you have done in the past. You’re good on “stage” when there’s only a one way conversation.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I couldn't help but notice that not all those who don't use their "real" names are infidels. Right, Papa?

Last edited:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I couldn't help but notice that not all those who don't use their "real" names are infidels. Right, Papa?
Katie I would love to use my real name, but my son who is better known than I am shares it and I refuse to put him in a situation where some idiot will confuse the two of us.
Having said that I hope not using my given name will continue to annoy you.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV, your words are hypocritical regarding my posts. You sound like a groupie for Reggie, etal.

I agree with you and Reggie about a debate. Since Reggie is a polished political figure whose personal identity is unknown I believe I can come up with a worthy opponent whose identity is also "unknown" until the debate. That is the only fair way to stage this debate for public vs private beach. We can work out the details but I believe it needs to be behind one of those large buildings on the beach, should be televised and you can be the moderator. How is that for fair and equal? Yes it is much better than a water squirting duel and you can be right there in the middle of it and on the big screen. My suggestion was only to try and get both sides to laugh a little but as you keep pointing out this is way too serious for that and the only responsible thing is for you and Reggie to look into a camera and state your case. You game?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Kathryn, who called whom an infidel? I certainly haven't. May I point out that in a fair debate that all parties know the identity of who they are debating OR neither party know the identity of who they will debate. I know you understand why that is fair and appropriate. Neither party in a debate should have an advantage of information. Those are not my rules but the rules of debate.