• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
the 3m version (scary strong - i went to college with engineers)

3 cups of pectin (jelly making pectin) mixed according to package directions but with 1/2 to 1/3 the given amount of water and nothing else

place the hot liquid in an ice bath and wait until it has almost, almost, almost congealed

place it quickly into a blender with 2 cups straight liquor and puree or whip for 10-15 seconds to create thousands of tiny pectin bubbles filled with straight liquor

pour the froth into ice cube trays and place them immediately into the refigerator to finish congealing, repeat the blending process if necessary between trays to maintain frothyness

once hardened, they are straight liquor gummy cubes

melts in the mouth, not in the cup

whoo-hoo!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Tootsie said:
I tested Cork's jello shots while watching the fireworks from the beach at Seaside last night. excellent! and funn! and gone!:clap_1:

So Toots, were they in a pan, or cups? And did you eat them all? ;-)

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Cork On the Ocean said:
OK, just made them for the 4th. We'll see how they go but I could only find 3 oz cups so I said what the heck! :eek:

They were great! I'm still seeing fireworks after consuming 3 of your rum runner shots.............(hiccup)

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
aquaticbiology said:

3 cups of pectin (jelly making pectin) mixed according to package directions but with 1/2 to 1/3 the given amount of water and nothing else

place the hot liquid in an ice bath and wait until it has almost, almost, almost congealed

place it quickly into a blender with 2 cups straight liquor and puree or whip for 10-15 seconds to create thousands of tiny pectin bubbles filled with straight liquor

pour the froth into ice cube trays and place them immediately into the refigerator to finish congealing, repeat the blending process if necessary between trays to maintain frothyness

whoo-hoo!

Just reading this is making me dizzy already.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
By the way, I'm happy to see that these recipes are being shared and enjoyed - my mission in life is complete - LOL!

:clap_1:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Uncle Timmy said:
They were great! I'm still seeing fireworks after consuming 3 of your rum runner shots.............(hiccup)

I'm going to have to expand my jello cabinet into some new stuff now that I know I can make them. Between me, Tootsie and Lindabobhat, we'll have everybody seeing stars :rotfl:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
aquaticbiology said:

whoo-hoo!
Put the liquid in a blender...I like this idea!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
aquaticbiology said:

whoo-hoo!

Alifunn - I insist we do these on your next visitation.:lolabove:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Tootsie said:
Alifunn - I insist we do these on your next visitation.:lolabove:
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: I'll be crawling around...are you ready for that???:shock: :rotfl: