• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

danhall

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2006
danhallstudio.com
If you are staying at Adagio in Blue Mountain, there is a health food store about 100 yards from you. It's called For The Health Of It, right by Big Daddy's Bike Shop. It would be worth the two minute walk to see their selection. It's all good stuff, plus you can get a smoothie.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
I grocery shop at Publix, but used to go to Wal-Mart for things like diapers, laundry detergent, etc. No need for that at all now with the Pier Park Target. The Target in Destin is a few miles west of the Wal-mart, but I'd still suggest going to Target instead of Wal-Mart. If you're at Seaside or east, the Pier Park Target will be closer (and much faster drive) than the Destin Wal-mart. Also, Targets have a small food section where you can pick up a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, etc. so you don't have to make two trips.

Another thing to consider about Wal-Mart--you must take a cooler(s) for the refrigerated items and the ice cream will probably melt before you get it home. It is much more convenient to shop at Publix where you can be home in 10 minutes instead of 45!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
And Target's Archer Farms store brand has some really good snack and junk food options. I love the olive oil potato chips, and sodas, and most of their products have relatively short ingredient lists containging only things you can pronounce.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you want to see the robe and meth people, try anytime after midnight. Very fun, and makes the walk back to your car more exercise.
Problem with that is all of the stockers block the rows with the big, preventing access to some of the merchandise.

ladyj

Beach Lover
Nov 29, 2006
We're set to roll into Sandestin in a month and my biggest fear was not hurricanes, sharks, or jellyfish but the very real possibility of having a fatal cerebral hemorrhage at one of the local big box food and supply marts. :bang: :bang:

:rofl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I quit walmart years ago. driving into destin is a nightmare. and walmart is equally nightmarish. but, now that Fresh Market is there, I'm finding that I must go on occasion!:roll:

skunky's suggestion about the 331 superwalmart is a very good one!

there is also a target in PCB, just past Hwy 79 on the right. very convenient if you need it for some reason.

oh, I see CCK mentioned the new target... thanks!

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I was thrilled when Publix came to town. I fell in love with Publix in Tallahassee twenty-something years ago, and missed it greatly when I moved back.

It is so nice to be able to get home with ice cream (like I really need it - no comments from the peanut gallery, please!). However, if I have to go to Destin or DeFuniak anyway, about once a month I do still take my frozen food carriers to Wal-Mart. We go through a LOT of heat-and-eat in my home, and it's hard to beat frozen pizzas for 2 bucks apiece. I also reward myself on these missions by picking up a load of sweet honey bbq chicken nuggets from the deli. But I no longer make a special trip, and that is a good thing. :D

JHA

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2007
Carrollton, Ga
Wher is the Pier Park Target in relationship to the Publix in San Destin? Also, please tell me about The Fresh market and its location. thanks. John