• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Picked up a sticker at the store in Grayton. Sunkist and I were taking the scenic route to Appalach from FWB--even though I'd been hanging out on 30-A for years before. (She has sworn she will never make this trek with me again). I think I had actually looked before trying to get hurricane info so I would know if we were actually gonna get to take our vacation in '05.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
my hubby found it on the internet and showed it to me. the rest is history

krafty

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2005
North Dakota
I found Sowal about 4 years ago while I was hunting for vacation rentals. Love that it keeps me attached to the area when I can't be down there enjoying it first hand.:clap:

Me too. I lurked for awhile but finally joined because of SmilingJOe. He would post ONE great photo and then had a "click here for more" link. I just had to see the rest. :D

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Found the old board during Ivan, lurked for almost a year, could not believe all the great info and commisseration during Dennis ... never really left. This is the BEST place for info! But the people make it special. :love:

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Found Graytonbeach.com looking for hurricane photos after Ivan. I couldn't believe how Smiling JOe would go out of his way to take photos of areas that people were asking about. Like Miss Kitty (a/k/a Sueshore), I lurked for a loooong time.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I knew about Kurt's "little" website for years but was too engrossed in my own life to pay it much mind. It was not until I visited SoWal for the first time in 15 years that I fell in love with the place, the people and the site. Tootsie introduced me to it and it has been a constant source of inspiration for me :love: It is a wonderful place to log on to and dream and share the dream with loved ones.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It has been a year now since I joined in on the SoWal funn and at my advanced age I don't remember how I found out about the site. I do remember the thread "Led Away In Handcuffs" really made me a daily or more than daily visitor to the website. It is a great site and I am glad I found it and recommend it to friends often.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
great thread ibd. how interesting to read them all...

I find it impossible to believe this one though...

Me, too...and remember I LURKED for an entire year! :eek:

:rotfl:

wonder how many addicted lurkers there are? we could do a poll or start a lurker thread - are you a lurker? how long? why? so strange to think there is an entire silent sowal population out there.