• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
There is someone in this community that needs this house for more reasons then one. I can't say who right now, but they have a very close bond to it. I lived in it for a little while in 2000 with a close friend....cute cute cute, but it was like camping.....well, not quite that harsh. Lots of work that needed to be done to it 7 years ago.
I can't imagine what it's like now. It was an experience....no an adventure for me and Kalie! Doug was in Tennessee selling a deli and I was here getting Kalie back to school.

Shish....but I think a ghost lives in it! :creepy:

[/COLOR]

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We need a SoWal clubhouse. It could be like Pee Wee's Playhouse!!:rotfl:

dd and I are so in! we disCUSSed this very thing on Thursday night. :clap:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Yes, the church is going to build a Family Life Center and eventually a new sanctuary on the land.

What???:eek:

Didn't on the 8th day God say "Let there be Condos?"

Even though it's a bummer that the little house as gotta go, it's refreshing to hear that it's not to make room for an "upscale" stripmall, a McMansion or :shock: more condos.

Hats off to you for trying to preserve it.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
What???:eek:

Didn't on the 8th day God say "Let there be Condos?"

Even though it's a bummer that the little house as gotta go, it's refreshing to hear that it's not to make room for an "upscale" stripmall, a McMansion or :shock: more condos.

Hats off to you for trying to preserve it.

DITTO!

Might it qualify for the National Historic Registry?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
DITTO!

Might it qualify for the National Historic Registry?

Much as I wish it would, it's probably not old enough. Historic, in my eyes, yes but probably doesn't meet the guidelines.

I fail to see why the church (and I'm a member) needs THAT much land, unless they are still planning a new sanctuary in addition to the Family Life Center. It was my understanding that the sanctuary plans had been scrapped in favor of a Family Life Center, but I am beginning to think I was fed a line because they know that I and the few remaining lifelong members are against it. :pissed: