• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
Loved the pics...thanks! I take it someone was just getting ready to take down that tent!!!! Surely it wasn't left up overnight?!
Oh, no. It was left there with the other 15+ perma tents. I thought about collecting the garbage, opening a used tent shop, and donating the proceeds to the Sea Turtle Foundation. What do you think?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Go for it! This makes me crazy. They have the minutemen down on the border, so what's to stop us from banding together and dumping the stuff. I can think of no better evening in SoWal than eating a good meal, taking a breather and then hitting the beach with baseball bats!!!! I must stop now...I'm actually a rule follower and I just got in touch with my criminal mind! I have some free evenings down there in August!

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
Kurt, do you really own the house in Grayton in the picture? We always drive or walk by and talk about how we love it and the tales it could tell!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
njackie said:
Kurt, do you really own the house in Grayton in the picture? We always drive or walk by and talk about how we love it and the tales it could tell!

No I'm joking. I think that is the old Butler House. It's worth a couple million. :eek:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Kurt-

Does MoonCreek have an office yet? I was down and was keeping an eye out for one. Looks like you guys are doing pretty well.

Thanks! I wish there were more of me to sit on the beach though. I have an office on 30-A but am never there. ;-)

I've thought about getting a place with a gallery in the front for framed photos but got too much going on - maybe when things slow down.

The internet is my real office - thanks Al Gore. :lol:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
The interweb. That net like thing in your bathing suit.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Kurt-

Are you nervous about taking your camera out on the beach? My wife has a Canon Digital Rebel and it always makes me nervous seeing her trotting across the beach with it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Kurt-

Are you nervous about taking your camera out on the beach? My wife has a Canon Digital Rebel and it always makes me nervous seeing her trotting across the beach with it.

Nikons and Canons are workhorses - even the cheaper ones. I've always been real careful with my stuff. But yeah I worry more on the beach. When I'm not shooting I try to keep it sealed.

If you aren't changing lenses it's a lot safer. If you have the lens off you're going to have to clean your sensor more often.

If you don't get sand in it or drop it in the water no problem I guess. :lol:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
It just makes me cringe to think about it getting dropped. They don't give those things away. We bought the digital rebel it because she had a normal 35mm canon with several large lenses and some of them wound up fitting the digital one. Pretty cool!