• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Anonymous said:
Well, riverotter, it all depends. Are you looking to go for a ride in the Gulf or the Bay? There are several places north of 98 to put your 23' boat into the Bay. The most public access close to Grayton would be north of hwy 98 on hwy 393. There is a public boat landing about 1.5 miles north of 98, on the left side of the road, just before you cross the bayou. If you are looking to dip into the Gulf, the closest place is Grayton Beach, but you must be a property owner in Walton County, own and use a four wheel drive, purchase a beach permit for launching.

Smiling JOe

I have the pass on my truck but my boat is an inboart / outboard so a beach launch would be near impossible :? So, if I launch around 393 in the bay, how long of a boat ride is it to the gulf from there 8)

Smiling JOe said:
It would be about 19 miles, +/- a couple, to the Destin Pass.

Sounds like a nice relaxing day on the water

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
PC040008Small.jpg

This is the view of the Bay (photo taken yesterday). With views like that, you should have a nice boat ride to the Gulf. Take it easy on the speed, sit back and enjoy. It is pretty as the Beach.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
Another opinion on the subject of boats at Grayton area, how 'bout a Hobie catamaran? We had a 16' for years and had a wonderful time sailing up and down the coast. You can easily launch it at the public dock then sail or pull it through the channel to the gulf or you can use beach wheels and pull it to the beach with truck or manually. We used to leave our "cats" on the beach over night (w/out sails, of course). Not sure how that would be now, but I'd think it would be okay????

In the past there was a Rags to Riches sailboat race from Grayton to Season on the 4th of July weekend that was a lot of fun. Not sure if they still have that or not. Quit sailing when I quit the "captain". No regrets there. But that's another subject for another time.

Bottom line is that the catamaran is a fun boat, not too expensive and can either be very relaxing or scary as ----.

I think the kayaks are the thing to have now and hope to find a couple used ones for our beach house soon. We've have many different boats and motors over the years that we used in Wester Lake. No motor now, but still have small sailboats and canoes.

We'll be at our house this weekend for BIG FAMILY Christmas party. Can't wait!!

Happy Holidays!