• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
But your original comment was a dig huh Bob Wells?

Yes, I did say that the WCSO is top heavy, if you disagree please present your facts that prove otherwise.
Opinions are like belly buttons Misty, I was just pointing that out.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Opinions are like belly buttons Misty, I was just pointing that out.
Of course you were! And of course you have presented no facts to show the WCSO is NOT TOP heavy!

But then again, I didn't expect that you would.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Of course you were! And of course you have presented no facts to show the WCSO is NOT TOP heavy!

But then again, I didn't expect that you would.
And if I remember correctly you haven't presented anything but your opinion. I don't believe I have said either way.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
And if I remember correctly you haven't presented anything but your opinion. I don't believe I have said either way.

I beg to differ with you Mr. Wells. I did post something which you actually alluded to in your post about a similar sized county in Alabama and how it is done without a multi million dollar budget.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
This was a thread about beach access. :pissed: How about a separate thread about WCSO staffing?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
WCSO has far too many sworn that sit their butts in chairs in DFS. They need to be out patrolling our streets and Neighborhoods.

Remember that sit down bike they wanted to get bunches of that you can ride at your desk? They don't want everyone looking like the past Major that had to leave due to not being able to pass the physical fitness run.

We have Code Enforcement (TDC), as worthless as they are, that should patrol beaches and Enforce County Ordinance. WCSO beach patrol is on beaches also.

Their numbers from last year support how worthless they are at Enforcement.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
My wife and I are planning on attending this meeting.

Repost from an email that I received this morning:

"In case you haven't heard, beachfront homeowners at Stallworth have gone to court to get "quiet title" to beaches on 30A. This means we have no longer have legal right to relax, fish or walk on the beach. I read that this type of legal action has recently occurred at Blue Mountain & Seagrove too. Yesterday, I'm told, a full time resident was walking on the water's edge at Stallworth and 2 WCSO officers were summoned to ask her to leave. When will that happen to you, your family or friends? This legal action taken by a few may result in negative economic impact for Walton County too. Once other beachfront homeowners do this up & down 30A, area guests will have very limited beach access -- so why visit here? And that would affect your businesses, personal incomes, property values and county tax revenues long term. And you thought BP Tar Balls were bad for our economy... All of this is happening NOW on 30A.

Tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. Walton County Commissioners will meet at the courthouse in Defuniak Springs where they have "beach issues" on the agenda. It is anticipated this situation on 30A will be discussed. If you are concerned, here's what you can do: * EMAIL OR CALL ALL COMMISSIONERS TODAY; * ATTEND THE MEETING; & * SHARE. William "Bill" Chapman (R), District 1 Commissioner District Office: 9446 Rock Hill Road Ponce de Leon, FL 32455 Office (850) 835-4860 Fax (850) 835-4836 chabill@co.walton.fl.us Jeff Skipper Commissioner's Aide skijeff@co.walton.fl.us Cecilia Jones (R), District 2 Commissioner, Vice-Chair District Office: 552 Walton Road DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433 Office (850) 892-4020 joncecilia@co.walton.fl.us Evelyn Strickland Executive Assistant strevelyn@co.walton.fl.us Bill Imfeld (R), District 3 Commissioner District Office: 6570 US Hwy 90 West DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433 Office (850) 892-8474 Fax (850) 892-4204 imfbill@co.walton.fl.us Evelyn Smith Commissioner's Aide smievelyn@co.walton.fl.us Sara Comander (R), District 4 Commissioner, Chair District Office: 263 Chaffin Avenue DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433 Office (850) 835-4834 Fax (850) 951-0868 comsara@co.walton.fl.us Melinda Wickham Commissioner's Aide wicmelinda@co.walton.fl.us Cindy Meadows (R), District 5 Commissioner District Office: 70 Logan Lane Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459 Office (850) 231-2978 Fax (850) 231-3872 meacindy@co.walton.fl.us Susan MacDonald Commissioner's Aide macsusan@co.walton.fl.us"