• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Re: Private Property Owner's Rights Being Attacked

If you can spare us the words such as "dumb" and "silliness" maybe this dialog would elevate where it should be. Just a thought.

Can you spare us the silly scare tactics?

I will continue to use terms such as silly if you keep making SILLY arguments that allowing people to use the beach in front of your house will somehow translate into SoWal being over run with high rise condos.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach

To address your main point, you have missed it all together. What stops a developer from taking the old Nick's restaurant location and building a 25 story building?
1. Current building height restrictions
2. Private beach which limits "legal" use of the beach and thus marketing potential - the key to this thread!!!

If the county and state eliminates 2, then again 1 is just a relatively simple matter compared to 2.

? correct.

How will any condo?s marketing be effected by the Private/Public Beach debate? I haven?t seen any advertising that states ?Buy here and you can have a cookout in front of BMBV?s house.?

They are pretty much selling proximity to the beach access, they don?t really say or care much about what someone does when they get down onto the beach.

You also left out glaringly obvious point 3 ? There isn?t enough room on the Nick?s site to handle anything close to a 25 story condo. Therefore there really is no reasonable possibility that Nick?s will become a 25 story condo hence it represents another silly scare tactic.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach

You're right. I worked long and hard, put myself through college, started a business, made mostly good decisions and then bought my apple pie (my dream of ownership at the beach - no different than that stock company commercial). Now you think you're entitled to my only apple pie just because you want it????

Geeeeze.

Was your college degree in gross exaggerations?

Yes BMBV, I?m trying to steal your house ?that is the point of this debate.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I wonder how many of these would have bought that beachfront property if we had treated them the way they are acting towards "THE PUBLIC" now? Maybe all of us that were here back then should have made it a bit less desirable instead of welcoming EVERYONE with opens arms.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
T - minus ONE HOUR until this item is scheduled for the agenda!!!

Go :boxing:so we can all :chill:

Leaving the house now..ETA....8 minutes:trainwreck: HERE WE COME!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Leaving the house now..ETA....8 minutes:trainwreck: HERE WE COME!

See ya there- I'm not getting there early enough for a seat, so look for me in a corner, or under a chair, or sitting on somebody's shoulders.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'll be waiting here for the reports.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Well, hopefully the lawyer that was there representing the gulf front property owners will get his info from the WCC themselves next time. Short story ..they have not drawn up ANY ordinance concerning customary use and basically told him that he had made a bunch of assumptions and to go sit down. At which time, most of us left. But I do beleive that now is the time for everyone to start drafting those letters and emails to the entire WCC and let them know how we feel.

Bear

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Just got back from the meeting.Well the whole thing makes me sick.I will totally loose it if any ever tells me to get off the beach. On the other hand I don't think It going to be that bad there lawyer dose not seem know what hes doing,He asked them to revoke a ruling that the board hadn't even made yet:rotfl:
Besides he was in a cheap suit.