• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
But I can honestly say that when a vast majority of the people in attendance left immediately after he spoke, that the WCC realized just how many people had feelings about this topic and I think they will look long and hard at any ruling they DO make.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
But I can honestly say that when a vast majority of the people in attendance left immediately after he spoke, that the WCC realized just how many people had feelings about this topic and I think they will look long and hard at any ruling they DO make.

Great news! Thank you for going and representing! :clap:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
No a problem, Ill be at the next and the next and the next.....But i am off for the night to begin drafting that oh so long opinion piece that will be in the INBOX of every elected official I can find an address for.:evil: hehehehehe

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Just to get you started :boxing:

Commissioner Brannon
19367 U.S. Hwy 331 S
Freeport, FL 32439
Tel: (850) 835-4860
Fax: (850) 835-4836
E-mail:* brascott@co.walton.fl.us

*Commissioner Pridgen
Address:
17400 State Highway 83 North
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
Phone: (850) 834-6328
Fax: (850) 834-6385
Email: prikenneth@co.walton.fl.us

Commissioner Larry Jones **
Contact Information
Donna Walsinkham, District 3*Executive Assistant
1483 County Highway 1087
DeFuniak Springs, FL. 32435
Phone: (850) 892-8474
Fax: (850)892-8475
e-mail: jonlarry@co.walton.fl.us

Contact Information
Commissioner Cuchens can be reached at (850) 835-4834.
His office is located at 417 Highway 20 East in Freeport.
Email: cucro@co.walton.fl.us

Commissioner Cindy Meadows
90 Spires Lane, Unit 7-A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL. 32459
Phone: (850) 622-3059
Fax: (850) 622-3067
e-mail:* meacindy@co.walton.fl.us

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
oh yea..got those but might have to include a senator,representative.. and possibly even a governor in on this one. Think the building dept might be included also, since they are the ones that approved those buildings and they do require a current survey etc in order to approve any house built on the beach. If the survey was not correct..:scratch: Wonder if the DEP would want a little stake in this? Since they are the ones that determine set-backs etc.:scratch: OOPS.. cant forget the media. thought the girl from channel 7 was going to chase me down in the parking lot but I ignored her because I looked like crap.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Great point! What use is property which cannot continually be "hostilly defended?" Sure, people may have a piece of paper stating that they own something, but that piece of paper is about as solid as the sand upon which their foundation was constructed. Property rights do have restrictions for the owner. ex- zoning, building restrictions, sign restrictions, taxes, easements, historical rights, etc.

For those of you thinking that you have exclusive rights to your property, try not paying your property taxes, then report back to us.

Bear

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Bmbv the only way for us to take it is personal.You want to take the beach and ocean from me, something that god gave to all of us.I go to the beach about twice a day I fish there I surf there I swim there. I moved my family to be close to the beach. This is also not what side of the tracks issue The fact is I would never build on the beach.I believe that it is wrong to build there.But I can understand why people want to live that close and so be it. But to say it is yours. Well the truth is That You are taking it from me,because you want it and you have the power to take it.Well you can own it,I just want to be able to watch the sunset from time to time from there.Or do you and your partners have plans of purchasing the sun as well.It is personal, and you should have been prepared for that.This is the type of thing that splits comunitys.:angry:

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
They should also look into the laws regarding piers and the fact that people can tie up a boat to any pier that is in the water. They can even get out of the boat and sit on your pier as long as they dont step foot off the last board onto dry land.