• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Isn't it AMAZING, DD?!?!. It's one of those recipes that once people try it they make it again and again. It really is just as good -- even better -- than bread you buy at a bakery -- doughy and moist with great texture and holes on the inside, perfectly crusty on the outside. I find that it makes a higher bread if I use bread flour and it tastes just as good but makes a somewhat flatter loaf if I use regular flour. The recipe has worked evey time I make it. I made 3 loaves this weekend and have the dough rising to make 2 more loaves tomorrow morning and I'm freezing the loaves so we have it when we want it and don't have time to bake it. To make a few loaves at a time, I make two batches of the dough (in 2 separate bowls) and then I bake them one at after the other when the timing is right. It works because the timing is flexible and you can let the dough rise overnight for 15 - 18 hours or so.

I may start getting creative with rosemary and other herbs inside the bread sometime soon. It's perfect bread for dipping in olive oil and rosemary.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
OMG!!!!!!!! PAULA!!!!!!!!!!! Made it, ate it...gonna make more!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!! DD

This sounds so good :drool: and comforting too. I've got to try it. First I have to do a carb detox from today!:blush:

Carbs :banned: for Kat for at least a week!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Isn't it AMAZING, DD?!?!. It's one of those recipes that once people try it they make it again and again. It really is just as good -- even better -- than bread you buy at a bakery -- doughy and moist with great texture and holes on the inside, perfectly crusty on the outside. I find that it makes a higher bread if I use bread flour and it tastes just as good but makes a somewhat flatter loaf if I use regular flour. The recipe has worked evey time I make it. I made 3 loaves this weekend and have the dough rising to make 2 more loaves tomorrow morning and I'm freezing the loaves so we have it when we want it and don't have time to bake it. To make a few loaves at a time, I make two batches of the dough (in 2 separate bowls) and then I bake them one at after the other when the timing is right. It works because the timing is flexible and you can let the dough rise overnight for 15 - 18 hours or so.

I may start getting creative with rosemary and other herbs inside the bread sometime soon. It's perfect bread for dipping in olive oil and rosemary.

Oh yeah, I can see getting experiemental with it! It's going in my cook book!! Thanks so much for turning us on to this!!

OMG!!!!!!!! PAULA!!!!!!!!!!! Made it, ate it...gonna make more!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!! DD

This sounds so good :drool: and comforting too. I've got to try it. First I have to do a carb detox from today!:blush:

Carbs :banned: for Kat for at least a week!

Thanks, Kat!!! You just gotta try it---when you can;-)

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Paula, it sounds wonderful!! Don't think I've got time to mix it up before the 8th:eek: , but I will for sure try it for a special occasion. Now, what would that special occasion be?? Tuesday sounds good. :D
With all the accolades, I just printed out this recipe...can't wait to try it...I love a bread that needs no kneeding!!!!!! ( I hate kneedy bread....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
ItzkatzTime: You'll love it...

Margarita: I don't know about wheat flour, but it's worthy trying. I'll probably try part wheat and part regular some day. But I must say that it tastes like rustic Italian bread just as is, and it's hard to beat that.

DD: This definitely goes in the family cookbook.

Allifunn: I figured you'd want to try this once you rested up from your vacation.

If you look up New York Times No Knead bread recipe on google, you'll see that it has about as many hits as Paris Hilton. It got a lot of press when it was first published. I learned about it from my mother in law when we visited her over New Years in Siesta Key. She swears a lot so we call the bread "Grandma's damn bread". The kids love that!

This bread and the limoncello cream recipes got my "best new recipes of 2006 award".

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
A word of advice. You have to heat up a pot to 450 degrees then take it out of the oven and put the dough in it. Be careful not to burn anything on your counter or oven top when you put the pot on the counter/stove. I think I may have melted the fan button on top of our stove by putting the hot pot on it.