• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Corner Cafe was Johnny Earles' Restaurant where Oli and half of the restaurant industry in SoWal got their start. Then it was Jezebel's, Little Louis', D&K's, now Shorty's. There were a few more short-time "in-betweens but can't remember names. There was something before D&K's which was open air up top with burgers and dogs.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
070205-d&k-005.jpg

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I remember the open air one before D&K's - it was the mid-way stop between the beach and the rental house on our summer vacations. We were hot and ready for a cold beer by the time we hauled our stuff off the beach, and we would stop, in nothing but our bathing suits, covered with sand, and have a little rest. ;)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm not sure if it was called something else between Corner Cafe and D&K's but it was open-aired under D&K's, on their first go-around, and then they enclosed it for their second re-incarnation of D&K's.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
I'd like to hit up the Sip N' Dip, Grayton Corner Cafe, Wheelhouse, and AJs right about now, then stop by the little petting zoo in Grayton on way out!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
So...back to pizza. We had 2 yummy pizzas from Pizza by the Sea tonight. Pizza was great, running into everyone in town while grabbing the pizzas is always fun, and curtseying to Colby the Seaside Re Prom King is the added bonus. The new owners are great people, lots of fun, and are happy to be here and hanging with all the parents and kids.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Had a great calzone from Bubba's Pizza in PCB west end yesterday. I asked them to stuff in chicken and bacon and they said no problem. It was wonderful.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Just tried Crust bakery across from John-John's next to Copy Systems. They have a wood pizza stove and great toppings. The business is brand-new. I am looking forward to returning when they have their full line of patries available.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
We love Brunos pizza. Their eat-in area has improved from what it was, though we usually only eat inside during the off season, otherwise using the outside or doing takeout.

We tried a veggie pizza at Pizza by the Sea once and the crust was pretty soggy, so we weren't thrilled with that.

Are there any places that do a whole-wheat crust, or partial whole wheat?