• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seanderson1027

Beach Comber
Sep 26, 2009
Being a 'local' for 4 years, I've been a regular at Pizza By The Sea. It was always good. However this past year, it's a 'hit or miss' place. Last week it was a hit-great pizza. Today it's a real miss.... burned pizza crust (once again--why do they even serve it?). I can't recommend anyone going there for a good pizza - I just don't know what they'll get for a pizza. And I'm not sure if I'm going to be a 'local' customer there for very much longer..... so disappointed. Told the staff but no refund or credit toward a next time. :angry:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Enzos makes a wonderful Pizza!

Enzo's pizza is good when the oven is working or they actually have the ingredients on hand to actually make a pizza or take your order and then a half hour later come out and tell you you're not getting a pizza. Other than that, its good. I'm not bitter though...

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Bubba's Pizza up on the west end of Panama City Beach on 98 (across from the Tom Thumb) is pretty good and the prices are unbelievable. All the pies are thin crust and 18 inches. You can get a regular pie for under 10 bucks. The style is more Jersey or Pennsylvania where the sauce is swirled over the cheese. The cheese steaks are huge and inexpensive as well. They deliver to parts of 30 as well.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Pickle Factory gets my vote for great pizza. Laughing Cow is my absolute favorite, but I also like the Italian sausage and mushroom.

And the fact that I can actually get a decent beer for a couple bucks doesn't hurt!

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
I have heard about McTighes pizza from a few folks!

I love their fish and chips! some of best fries ever (don't get me started on the bad french fry craze that has slowly but surely crept into SoWal).

We should have this conversation on the French Fry Quest......Someone told us last year that 98 BBQ had the best fries and they are really great. I will put up Edward's Fine Food and Wine as the best on 30A. But don't get me wrong, 98 BBQ Fries and their BBQ are both worth the little drive. They are just different dining experiences. Will try and get myself to Pickles in Seaside, but am having a really hard time remembering my last chili dog...but I will try it because they have the two 2 ounce patty burgers (the way to my heart).

Last edited:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
enzo's is awesome thin ny style pizzq. there problem is a bad location which makes business tough so they run out of things. i've gotten pizza at mctiques a few times and it pretty good.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We should have this conversation on the French Fry Quest......Someone told us last year that 98 BBQ had the best fries and they are really great. I will put up Edward's Fine Food and Wine as the best on 30A. But don't get me wrong, 98 BBQ Fries and their BBQ are both worth the little drive. They are just different dining experiences. Will try and get myself to Pickles in Seaside, but am having a really hard time remembering my last chili dog...but I will try it because they have the two 2 ounce patty burgers (the way to my heart).

ok, I'm in. Let's go on a Quest for the perfect french fry in SoWal! (or surrounding area - I will drive long distances if necessary)!