• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gypsea

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA; Watercolor
Great post Kurt! :wave: Thanks for listening and making things right Dave! :clap:

Sorry you guys had a bad experience - trust Dave to make it right. I've had some bad experiences at places in SoWal in the past and I try to take it in stride because I know that in most places the following week or month or season that the staff will be entirely new, as well as possibly the management, ownership or even the name of the place.

I think Bud and Alley's is AWESOME with a capital A. Dave and staff have worked hard for many years to make it a great experience for the millions that visit. No place is perfect and you can't expect the hottest spot in the hottest town in hot SoWal to be perfect all the time. I'm sure lots of spoiled (of course I don't mean you) Seaside renters from the burbs get huffy every night because they aren't treated like Queens or Kings of the beach and brought umbrella drinks on bended knee, but the rest of us, we're just beach bums and should be happy to have the title.

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
I think that people need to remember that the "Tarpon Club" is a "bar" at night. I don't think I've ever had table service after 7pm. Those guys work hard and are very good at keeping people's glasses filled. :drink:

CHEERS

ellen

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2005
Bud and Alleys is my favorite place. I've been going there for years, and I've always had great experiences there. The bartenders, servers, managers, and security work very, very hard in a mostly thankless job. You would not believe some of the rudeness I have seen directed at them. Cut them some slack. They are good folks doing their jobs, and I'm gald they're there!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I think that people need to remember that the "Tarpon Club" is a "bar" at night. I don't think I've ever had table service after 7pm. Those guys work hard and are very good at keeping people's glasses filled. :drink:

CHEERS

very good point. most "locals" over the age of 30 or so know that the Tarpon Club may not be the place they want to be, peak season, after 9pm or so. especially if food is what you are looking for. while I do enjoy the bar at B&As, I certainly know that there are times that it won't be the scene I'm looking for. just like Red Bar or several other places during peak season.

I suggest having dinner before the play, then drinks after wherever, but in July - all bets are off! its really a matter of either subjecting yourself to the tourist crowd (insane choice), or creating your own little party - like at the beach with a bottle of vino.

It sounds like the bar wasn't that packed. don't know why they were not attentive. but I do know some great folks who work there - year round - and they would not be happy to hear this story. nevertheless, it happens to the best. perhaps a PM to Dave, a fellow sowaller, would have been a best first step in this particular case? just a thought.

everyone relax and have funn out there!:wave:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks again for all postings, positive and negative. Just to touch on the "local thing". For the past 4 years and currenty any local/Florida resident may ask a manager at Bud & Alley's for a Tarpon Club card; it entitles them to a discount and NO cover EVER. We are getting new cards soon in time for the fall but feel free to go get one now if you wish.

If you go to our website you will see a calender of one of the best lineups of entertainment in the area. Mo Mosely our esteemed bartender/margarita master is booking bands now and is doing a much more FAB job then I ever could or did.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry, I really should know all this stuff but what's a PM? Thanks, Dave

very good point. most "locals" over the age of 30 or so know that the Tarpon Club may not be the place they want to be, peak season, after 9pm or so. especially if food is what you are looking for. while I do enjoy the bar at B&As, I certainly know that there are times that it won't be the scene I'm looking for. just like Red Bar or several other places during peak season.

I suggest having dinner before the play, then drinks after wherever, but in July - all bets are off! its really a matter of either subjecting yourself to the tourist crowd (insane choice), or creating your own little party - like at the beach with a bottle of vino.

It sounds like the bar wasn't that packed. don't know why they were not attentive. but I do know some great folks who work there - year round - and they would not be happy to hear this story. nevertheless, it happens to the best. perhaps a PM to Dave, a fellow sowaller, would have been a best first step in this particular case? just a thought.

everyone relax and have funn out there!:wave:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks Kurt, your post brightened my day. Dave

Sorry you guys had a bad experience - trust Dave to make it right. I've had some bad experiences at places in SoWal in the past and I try to take it in stride because I know that in most places the following week or month or season that the staff will be entirely new, as well as possibly the management, ownership or even the name of the place.

I think Bud and Alley's is AWESOME with a capital A. Dave and staff have worked hard for many years to make it a great experience for the millions that visit. No place is perfect and you can't expect the hottest spot in the hottest town in hot SoWal to be perfect all the time. I'm sure lots of spoiled (of course I don't mean you) Seaside renters from the burbs get huffy every night because they aren't treated like Queens or Kings of the beach and brought umbrella drinks on bended knee, but the rest of us, we're just beach bums and should be happy to have the title.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thanks again for all postings, positive and negative. Just to touch on the "local thing". For the past 4 years and currenty any local/Florida resident may ask a manager at Bud & Alley's for a Tarpon Club card; it entitles them to a discount and NO cover EVER. We are getting new cards soon in time for the fall but feel free to go get one now if you wish.

If you go to our website you will see a calender of one of the best lineups of entertainment in the area. Mo Mosely our esteemed bartender/margarita master is booking bands now and is doing a much more FAB job then I ever could or did.

Dave

Thanks Dave:wave: