• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Although I have not witnessed it, I was told by other GT owners that they personally saw earl directing the equipment operators to push the beach scrapings up to support his houses. :blink: I may have to walk down to investigate for myself.

Smiling JOe PI....sounds good doesn't it?

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Not really. How about Smiling JOe, the beach greeter.

That sounds better...sure beats Smiling JOe the Wal-Mart greeter. :D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Although I have not witnessed it, I was told by other GT owners that they personally saw earl directing the equipment operators to push the beach scrapings up to support his houses. :blink: I may have to walk down to investigate for myself.

Earl the squirrel (really he is a weasel, but it didn't rhyme) is at it again I see. I continue to rely on Moondance and SJ for their reports (thanks my beach savers). Let us know what's happening!

Sueshore said:
Earl the squirrel (really he is a weasel, but it didn't rhyme) is at it again I see. I continue to rely on Moondance and SJ for their reports (thanks my beach savers). Let us know what's happening!

Hey guys, just found this thread. Sorry for being slow on the uptake (and for the long post), and thanks for carrying the torch in my absence.

To JB, no HOA yet, and it's a long story. See the "septic and feces" thread for most of the whole ugly story. We're working on it. Stay tuned. ;-) We got a letter in the past few days. He has suggested an "informal" association (with implicit power, authority and control continuing to reside in Him). Have not digested fully yet and debating whether to post verbatim. :?:

Sueshore, absolutely no doubt that He was directing the dozer, giving the operator "up the country" about where, how, how high, how long, which properties, which priority, etc. And the kicker is that He "rode herd" over the process over several days last week (undoubtedly continuing today) in His vehicle up and down the GT beachfront. Yes, really. Maybe some feudal perk, but I was pretty sure that was prohibited on GT. I guess I'll be trucking my own 4WD down there next visit... :idea:

I have had some other pressing biz, so I have not followed up like I need to. I need the list of property owners in GT and I think I can get it from WalCo Property/Tax records. Smiling JOe PI, maybe you can give me an assist on this in your "spare time"?? Send me a PM.

The only possible explanation I can fathom is that the temporary suspension of permits for 60 days after Dennis has given Him the utmost latitude in "shoring up" damaged properties, but I don't know. It seems to me that all or most need to be demolished. And I don't know where to go for answers. Cindy Meadows perhaps?? :clap_1: Or Smiling JOe?? :bow:

More later (soon).

GVM said:
Hey Walton Sun...you listening up there???

Couldn't hurt to email this thread (multiple times) to the Walton Sun and others. I have on previous occasions and will again. Knock uselves out. ;-)

Here is a headstart, taking a page outta Smiling JOe's Book (I hope it will post correctly; if not I will try, try again):

Newspaper Contact
The Walton Sun
3906 Highway 98 West Suite 41
P.O. Box 2363
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459
Tel: 850-267-4555
Fax: 850-267-0929
sunnews@link.freedom.com Online Contact
EmeraldCoast.com
215 Grand Blvd. Ste. 102
Sandestin, FL 32550
T: (850) 622-0327
F: (850) 622-0562
flportal@link.freedom.com
Office Staff

Publisher[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]Rick Thomason
850-837-2828
Business Manager
Joan Kirkland
850-267-4555 Managing Editor
Gwen Break
850-267-4555

OTHER USEFUL WEBSITES
? Destin Log newspaper - www.destin.com
? EmeraldCoast.com - www.emeraldcoast.com
? Northwest Florida Daily News - www.nwfdailynews.com
? The News Herald - www.newsherald.com
? South Walton Tourist Development Council - www.beachesofsouthwalton.com

Thanks for the support and assistance. BTW, Sueshore and Paula, this is one BIG way you can help...

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Willing, but not so able! How do I email this thread to the outlets listed? Is it counterproductive to have the "earl the squirrel", etc. chatter included? One fine day, I might just find out ALL the neat things these computers do...in the mean time I am co-dependent with my family!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Great question, Where is she? :rotfl:(Sorry for the laugh, inside joke.)

I am starting to get suspicious....but in a good way!