• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Yes, I like Santiago and Santiago's comments on this board -- they are helpful. I think this message board is wonderful in general -- I do learn so much about SoWal and it's fun to share a few opinions as well (and I apologize for when my opinions are too long and I'll try to make them much shorter, especially when not related to the thread's topic!) :love:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Paula said:
Yes, I like Santiago and Santiago's comments on this board -- they are helpful. I think this message board is wonderful in general -- I do learn so much about SoWal and it's fun to share a few opinions as well (and I apologize for when my opinions are too long and I'll try to make them much shorter, especially when not related to the thread's topic!) :love:

Don't you dare make them shorter! Talk about valuable and informative posts- I learn alot from you, and suspect others do too.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Gosh...Thanks. I certainly like to pass on what I've learned that I think may be helpful to others (especially if it has to do with happiness and health). There's so much good information about this stuff because people have been researching it for so long -- your tax dollars pay for much of this research, so you may as well find out what has been learned! But, I think I'll do these discussions in the lounge so people won't think I'm talking about real estate when in fact I've taken a diversion triggered by the discussion about real estate. Maybe I'll avoid Kurt saying "...take it to the lounge..." (as he should).

Now if only we could get Santiago back...

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Call me naive, unobservant, or just plain stupid but what was Santiago raving about? Those were pretty drastic and weird comments he made. To what or to who was his hysterics referring to? Seemed very odd to me !! BTW I love this message board. Very informative and entertaining.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
I don't know, but I think Santiago was quoting another person/people on the board (not himself/herself). And Santiago may have felt insulted by it. I have heard some pretty sarcastic comments on this board (rarely, but it happens), but not as bad as the ones Santiago described but since the comments were in quotation marks, it implies Santiago probably heard them here. But, unless I was missing something, I think Santiago posts informative, not insulting, posts.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Paula, don't shorten your posts. You are a meaningful part of this board. Anyone who can deal with winters in Ann Arbor and stay positive is pretty cool.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Paula said:
I have heard some pretty sarcastic comments on this board (rarely, but it happens), but not as bad as the ones Santiago described but since the comments were in quotation marks, it implies Santiago probably heard them here.

The comments "know it all bitc_", "opinionated jerk," "economist wannebe," were the only comments I see directed toward a specific person.

The other comments in quotes?....It appears that's what the poster is calling himself.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
kirstenon30A said:
... Anyways, I feel that there is enough money inversted in real estate here that we should defend our selves. Anytime a company does something stupid and people start to pull away from purchasing stock they release a press statement defending themselves. If we get together and start a campaign to get good publicity for the area it couldn't hurt. I feel like something should be done. Does anyone eles feel that this may be a good idea?
Kirsten: I think positive publicity will bounce back on it's own because of the uniqueness of the area.

Seems we've drifted off-track again - has this thread run it's course?

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
I'm sorry, but it is absolutely true that anyone who posts anything negative or cynicle about this place is attacked by many of the regular posters who have such a romantic attachment to this place and their vision of paradise, that attacking that vision becomes almost personal.

Really, you can't argue with many of Shelly's points - whether you agree with them or not, and actually, her posts are quite impersonal and matter of fact.

So since this is Stepford, just take Shelly to the club house and reprogram her not think individually like a lot of others on this board.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
South Walton is such a special and beautiful place that over time the negative press will not mean a thing. Quality always comes to the fore and 30-A is as high quality as it gets. We are in a mindset of trepidation over how far real estate values have come, and we should be. Things have come too far too fast. But lets not forget globalization and all its forces will be playing out for many years to come. ( devalued dollar amongst them ). I think you just sit back and enjoy our paradise and let the naysayers just stew in their negativity. Living well is the best response !!