• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
The PCB market over the last few years has crashed much harder than South Walton. If you have not looked at what things are actually selling for (not the asking prices) you may be amazed. Especially compared to prices in your area.

I subscribe to a site that tracks sales prices of condos in PCB. They have just updated their site with sales into May. I have contacted them to see if I can post some of their graphs on this board.

For what I personally consider a nice condo (as described in an earlier post), the low fruit continues to be picked off and the prices are trending up.

Even more interesting are what I consider the new but lower end condo buildings. They are going for prices that could cashflow off the summer rentals. If you are an end user and are willing to rent it out in the high season you could have the rest of the year for free.

A few months does not make a sustained trend. Prices could drop again in the fall as buying now gives you the summer rentals which is like getting a 5-10% buyer's rebate. But for now there is a definite trend.

Hopefully I can put the graphs up with some actual numbers,

JMHO,
Flyguy

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
My new mantra is by Warrren Buffett (who I hear has done okay for himself): Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.

That is a good one, I will add that to my collection. Maybe he was channeling to me when I decided not to buy a condo in 2004. Or maybe he is channeling to me now.

Flyguy

Last edited:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
My favorite Warren Buffett quote: ?When you combine ignorance and borrowed money, the consequences can get interesting.?

Especially as it applies to governments. . .

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
The points you make about the commissions aren't lost on the clients--I think the holy grail 6% commission will be history very shortly.

If you are a seller in this market, you have not done your homework if you are paying a 6% commission.

JMHO
Flyguy

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
(1) A stock broker has considerably more asset classes to sell, so they have a better chance at being right...unlike a Realtor or an Insurance Salesman who have to push a single product line.

(2) No denying that there certainly are a considerable number weasels who carry Series 7 licenses

(3) Unlike Realtors or Insurance Salesmen you have legal recourse against a Series 7 holder who violates their fiduciary responsibilities.

(4) If you totally rely on any of these commissioned salesmen to be working purely in your financial interests--you're screwed.

I don't follow the logic on 1. 2 seems a bit subjective. 3 is wrong and by extension, so is 4. Real estate brokers can establish fiduciary relationships with clients. You really should avoid dispensing legal advice - you suck at it.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
According to Barbara Corcoran, Today Show's real estate 'expert', now is a great time to buy. But so was last month and the month before that.....

I think she said something this morning like 'we may not be at the bottom but we are in the bottom' while never mentioning any specific areas, states, or cities.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
According to Barbara Corcoran, Today Show's real estate 'expert', now is a great time to buy. But so was last month and the month before that.....

....she's been saying that since she got her Realtor's license.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Even more interesting are what I consider the new but lower end condo buildings. They are going for prices that could cashflow off the summer rentals. If you are an end user and are willing to rent it out in the high season you could have the rest of the year for free.

FG,

Can you post a few examples?