• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Thank God for Series 7 licenses - I'm sure we'll have lots of successful litigants recouping yesterday's losses on Wall Street because Shelly tells us that it is a breach of duty for a broker not to to foreshadow a sudden decline in the value of your assets.

There might be some out there who might hitch their wagon to this gravy train:

Here's a bunch of lawyers going after Morgan Keegan on behalf of folks who were told 'it's a great time to buy our "no risk" bond funds"--unfortunately said funds were packed with Subprime Slime.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/10699/morgan-keegan-losses.html

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
Back after attending to some other business. I see my thread is finally on its death bed. I reread most of the posts to see if I missed anything. I did come up with one bit of advice.

Never post after happy hour. I found one of my posts that had the tell tale signs of too much gin and tonic.

Bottoms up!
:chill:

flyguy

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Haha..I didn't want to drag the resurrected thread out earlier, but I was going to post "was it when you initiated the discussion?" Shelly's is better.

Last edited:

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
...Let me guess--:scratch:...it was when you selected the title of the thread.

Excellent! But I did not say which bottom. I unfortunately talked about several.

Bottoms up!
flyguy

Last edited:

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
FlyGuy - The end result is you have a property you love at a price you can live with. And good for you! Obviously, NOW is a great time to buy for some.

flyguy

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2007
FlyGuy - The end result is you have a property you love at a price you can live with. And good for you! Obviously, NOW is a great time to buy for some.

Thanks, I appreciate that. My wife and I were watching the sunset over the Gulf a few weeks ago. It was unfortunately our last night there till the fall.

We were going over the rental revenue for the summer and it looks very good. We are pleased with the after tax ROI this thing will generate. I think it is working so well for two reasons. Renters want the same thing we wanted when we bought: Low floor, no elevator, easy parking, great view, and lots of room. I also structured the purchase to give some pretty good tax advantages as well.

After going over the numbers my wife tried to talk me into buying another condo, this time as a pure investment. I talked her into another rum and coke instead.

I am not bullish on real estate by any means. And I would not touch the cookie cutter stuff. We did not buy this condo as an investment, it is primarily our second home. But you can make money in this market if you buy the right stuff at the right price. I think I did my homework and would not change a thing.

Bottoms Up!
flyguy

Last edited: