• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Sorry SN.....I didn't know who Tony was/is...I wasn't pickin'...........

'Tis OK; I have no clue if the Nick family supports Tony Cornman but for a candidate, the coup de grace is to get your sign in their yard. Been that way back to the days of Frank Nick Sr. ;-)

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
'Tis OK; I have no clue if the Nick family supports Tony Cornman but for a candidate, the coup de grace is to get your sign in their yard. Been that way back to the days of Frank Nick Sr. ;-)

Oh....Tony...as in Tony Cornman........duh! :shock: I used to be blonde...I think the bleach has lasting effects. Yes, you are right about the Nick family and whom they support.

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
I was in the neigborhood of Nicks ( a simply fabulous place to eat) and saw the Cornman signs......I also saw Adkinson and Cooper signs as well. Guess we'll disqualify all three from the race.:yikes::yikes:

If one is going to accuse fine, long established businesses of corruption and illegalities, one should be willing to produce more "proof" than sweetgal has thus far been willing/able to bring forward.:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

First I am not accusing anyone of any establisment (more so Nicks, Long time family friend) of corruption. I just simply stated that its funny how alot of these places that do sell alcohol, which is what Cornmans current job regulates for these establisments, has his signs. Yes the old Nick burnt down, but its been rented out people who are going to open a new restrurant. The old bayou bills burnt down, but its being rebuilt as well, and is not the only Bayou Bills that Cornman has jurisdiction over. I also named other estblishments that are currently open. Would you tell someone who could pull your liquor license no?. If they asked you?. I am sure he could if he wanted cause problems for them. NOT SAYING HE DOES.. BUT HE COULD
Everyone sure did throw a fuss when Ralph Johnson was accused of politicing on duty, and I just was always told by my mom when I was growing up.. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck , then chances are its a duck. I dont want Johnson back in like the rest of you, but I am allowed to state an opinion like the rest of you, which is what I did. Sorry if you didnt like it. Everyone else on here was stating how illegal every other persons signs were, and I just made a simple observation. :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How does the private security figure into all this? A local business is paying $ to the Sheriff's Department Personnel in an election year. :dunno:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
How does the private security figure into all this? A local business is paying $ to the Sheriff's Department Personnel in an election year. :dunno:

Scoot dear, I don't see a correlation between sig 15s, campaign signs, and the election. I'm not arguing; I just don't see a connection at all. Perhaps it is because the personnel are being paid for a service provided, not the sheriff himself nor any of the candidates? Or because the details are well-established and several of them date back to gosh-knows-how-long-ago (Fuzz worked several in order to have extra income prior to our wedding and again before Squirt was born; that's been 18 and almost 16 years respectively). :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was just thinking that if campaign sign locations presented a problem w/ potential conflicts of interest, monetary payments would be even more of one. :wave:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Around here, there isn't much that can't be twisted around somehow to resemble a potential conflict of interest. :wave: Sad but true. :roll: