• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
It looks on its 4 corners as though Driftwood residents want to get the property value bump by being included in Sandestin and they are using this real drainage problem as their means. I appreciate leverage, but when you are dealing with big development you had better be willing to pay a big price all along the way. These things usually get much worse before they get better.

My experience, prepare yourself to experience much loss and pain and see it through to the end if you are willing to start something like this. For starters, understand that the more bad press that is created the more Driftwood will be damaged. It's like fighting a divorce and paying for your spouses attorney from the beginning to the end with a Judge who is going to favor your spouse most of the time.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The secondary road doesn't go across a bayou, and that would be the value of being able to use it.

I'll add that a filled retention pond, isn't able to retain more water.

With the drainage easements, the drainage won't work if the pipes aren't installed as designed. The installation was never completed. It isn't that the drainage ditches on the lots are filled with sand. Not the case at all.

Aabsolute, I have no idea where you get the idea that Driftwood residents want to be considered a part of Sandestin. I've yet to see or hear anything that leads to that. These Driftwood residents simply don't want to be flooded. If their houses are flooded, it won't matter if they are part of Sandestin because their real estate values will be under water.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
AndyA

Good try on absolving Alan of his rant before the BCC on April 8th. He is even wearing the same shirt as he is wearing in his staged photos in his print ads. Just visit www.waltondemocrats.org site and click on the BCC videos and the select Aprul 8th and then the segment on Driftwood Estates Part two.

All in living color u arms waving and shouting in a very over the top moment. You even hear and see Chairman Jones call to the Balif for assistance.

Andy - That is hot head Osborne with "Thunder and lightning" from above.

That is the man I will vote for because he will bring Everything to a screaching halt in Walton County. Nothing will get done no development will occur because his "rants" will continue and the others Commissioners will need restraining orders.

Just what needs to happen - Nothing

AndyA

Good try on absolving Alan of his rant before the BCC on April 8th. He is even wearing the same shirt as he is wearing in his staged photos in his print ads. Just visit www.waltondemocrats.org site and click on the BCC videos and the select Aprul 8th and then the segment on Driftwood Estates Part two.

All in living color u arms waving and shouting in a very over the top moment. You even hear and see Chairman Jones call to the Balif for assistance.

Andy - That is hot head Osborne with "Thunder and lightning" from above.

That is the man I will vote for because he will bring Everything to a screaching halt in Walton County. Nothing will get done no development will occur because his "rants" will continue and the others Commissioners will need restraining orders.

Just what needs to happen - Nothing

With all due respect, that is the worst idea of how any government should work that I have ever read.:angry: I may be idealistic ( I have been accused of such before) but if your ideas are superior you don't need to bring county government to a "screeching halt." And anyone who wants to halt development does not understand simple economics and how this county operates.:dunno:

With all due respect, that is the worst idea of how any government should work that I have ever read.:angry: I may be idealistic ( I have been accused of such before) but if your ideas are superior you don't need to bring county government to a "screeching halt." And anyone who wants to halt development does not understand simple economics and how this county operates.:dunno:

Don't you think Interested Girl might be pulling your leg a little?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Could it be Interested Girl is a troll? You'all taught me the term. Sorry, but I have from a very reliable source that the speaker of whom you speak is not Alan. Nevertheless, I am sure he will be glad to receive your vote. Idlewild, if this is really the way Interested Girl see government in action, then your summation of her understanding of the workings of government are right on and she needs a class in Civics 101.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Apologies to Interested Girl. I went to the APRIL 8th Demo tape and looked at Alan, indeed, addressing the BCC. I did not see any rant or arm waving other than him showing the Commissioners some paperwork rather forcefully. I reiterate. Alan is not a "hot head", though I wll concede he may be passionate and forcefull in his manner of presentation. As far as I'm concerned, that is not only alright, it is very desireable in many instances.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Appology accepted, but I must ask if you had th volumn turned off. That is what I call a good old temper tantrum ( experienced them with my children).

Also you might want to check out your statement concerning him being the President of the Driftwood HOA. H is simply on the board.

The man deffinetly has a short fuse.