• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Beachrunner, don't do it, not any of it. Find another home for that cat. You are not going to be happy with a cat in your home. You cannot train them like a dog. Either you are a cat person, or you are not, and you are not. It's obvious. Just find a cat person to take it off your hands and enjoy your dog, and your furniture.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Beachrunner, don't do it, not any of it. Find another home for that cat. You are not going to be happy with a cat in your home. You cannot train them like a dog. Either you are a cat person, or you are not, and you are not. It's obvious. Just find a cat person to take it off your hands and enjoy your dog, and your furniture.

uh, she might just end up loving that cat! Mr. JR said he always hated cats. But after meeting me and my cats thru the years, he now is an official cat person. He actually likes cats better. You just never know. Could be a match made in heaven. :D

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Oh, I know, Johnrudy, people do change and fall in love with cats all the time. But see, Mr. JR was motivated. ;-) Beachrunner is not. I'd hate to see the cat declawed and it turnout to be a match not made in heaven.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I experienced that when Pepper had all digits on her cancerous toe removed last summer. It was awful. Even though I am not a cat person, I love animals enough to not put them through this. (Heck, I brake for squirrels). I just thought declawing meant taking off the nail, not taking off the toe, like daughter who stubbed her baby toes so many times that there is just a vestige of a toenail there. Almost impossible to put polish on them.

Phew...I feel better now. Thanks for taking all this advice, opinions and well, whatever. Most people I come in contact with think the same thing...only the nail. Good Luck! :clap: Looking forward to hearing your stories about your new friend! When does he/she arrive?

I break for squirrels too, turtles, mice, armadillos (they are so slow), and just about anything that can cross a road!;-)

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Oh, I know, Johnrudy, people do change and fall in love with cats all the time. But see, Mr. JR was motivated. ;-) Beachrunner is not. I'd hate to see the cat declawed and it turnout to be a match not made in heaven.

I should reveal tho, that after the cat urinated in one of our guest's suitcases and then on their bed, he vacillated on being a cat lover/cat hater. :lol:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I should reveal tho, that after the cat urinated in one of our guest's suitcases and then on their bed, he vacillated on being a cat lover/cat hater. :lol:
:funn:That's cats for you.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
BR, you are not alone in this misunderstanding which is why I posted. I come in contact daily with the issue and just wanted to get some education out there. There are many alternatives out there and I applaud you for keeping an open mind and heart!

Last edited:
Phew...I feel better now. Thanks for taking all this advice, opinions and well, whatever. Most people I come in contact with think the same thing...only the nail. Good Luck! :clap: Looking forward to hearing your stories about your new friend! When does he/she arrive?

I break for squirrels too, turtles, mice, armadillos (they are so slow), and just about anything that can cross a road!;-)

Late May.

Actually one day as I was driving down our driveway, I saw a turtle in the middle of the road. I picked it up, and liquid started flowing out of its shell. I thought it was wet from swimming in the lake. Then I realized it was peeing on me! I carried it away from the road. When I came back home, it was gone. So thankfully it didn't get smushed.

I would run over armadillos if my car weren't so low profile. They gross me out.

I don't break for snakes. One day a copperhead was in the driveway near the garage. I ran over it about 20 times on purpose. I know my neighbor wondered what the heck I was doing driving forward and backward repeatedly in the driveway. It totally freaked out our maid. She was scared to take out the trash from then on. Later I went out to check on the snake, and it was gone! :eek: It lived through my assault and made its way all the way down to the street. Within hours, ants had stripped it.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Late May.

Actually one day as I was driving down our driveway, I saw a turtle in the middle of the road. I picked it up, and liquid started flowing out of its shell. I thought it was wet from swimming in the lake. Then I realized it was peeing on me! I carried it away from the road. When I came back home, it was gone. So thankfully it didn't get smushed.

How ungrateful!
I don't break for snakes. One day a copperhead was in the driveway near the garage. I ran over it about 20 times on purpose. I know my neighbor wondered what the heck I was doing driving forward and backward repeatedly in the driveway. It totally freaked out our maid. She was scared to take out the trash from then on. Later I went out to check on the snake, and it was gone! :eek: It lived through my assault and made its way all the way down to the street. Within hours, ants had stripped it.
My guess is that some critter was thinking about a snake snack. I hear they taste like chicken.

Glad you are second-guessing the declawing. I didn't realize how traumatic it was, either until I read this. I've always been afraid to do it just in case the cat got out of the house. (The BB and FFF cats are indoor cats like Smudge was because of their long, fine fur.)

I do look forward to the FFF cat getting out of the kitten stage. He still likes to play the Venus flytrap game, where he rolls over on his back, exposing his tummy (which has recently become enormous.) You can't help but rub a giant kitty tummy. But then he clamps down with all five of his sharp ends--chomp. It's very cute, but it's also difficult to escape unscathed. :lol:

He more than makes up for it by licking my toes. That's some of the best tickling in the world! :love:

How ungrateful!

My guess is that some critter was thinking about a snake snack. I hear they taste like chicken.

Glad you are second-guessing the declawing. I didn't realize how traumatic it was, either until I read this. I've always been afraid to do it just in case the cat got out of the house. (The BB and FFF cats are indoor cats like Smudge was because of their long, fine fur.)

I do look forward to the FFF cat getting out of the kitten stage. He still likes to play the Venus flytrap game, where he rolls over on his back, exposing his tummy (which has recently become enormous.) You can't help but rub a giant kitty tummy. But then he clamps down with all five of his sharp ends--chomp. It's very cute, but it's also difficult to escape unscathed. :lol:

He more than makes up for it by licking my toes. That's some of the best tickling in the world! :love:
Daughter says kitty licking is better than doggy licking due to the rough tongue. From what she says, kitty gets freaked out easily. About a month ago, kitty got freaked and scratched the heck out of daughter's foot. The first reaction by those in the know is asking if she's into cutting. No, she has a cat, they are crazy, and I don't understand them.

I am a dog person.