• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
because they laugh all the way to the bank, but primarily because someone started it, and then as more people came, the locals grew tired of people, and decided to sell out and go some place where they can hear the wind blow. :dunno: -- though some are still around and will never leave.

Come on "They grew tired" They wanted the good ol green back. Look at the Wheel House $12.5 asking price. Seagrove Village Market, Cow Girl is for sale and Cocoon's etc. They ant going stay around if the price is right.

Last edited:
BABY BLUE-

I never said Houston's was cheap- but I don't consider it really expensive either. I like a wide range of restaurants. I'm disappointed in Auburn because the local places are gone and it has grown out of being just a college town.

And by the way, I am here a lot. So yes, I do know what it costs to eat along 30-A.

And here is a BIG WAR DAMN EAGLE to everyone!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Couple things:
Houston's is the best restaurant in the world. It's not cheap, but it's so good I'd take out a loan to eat there every day.

If the local yocal places would have subway priced food, maybe they could go head to head. I mean who doesn't crave a "subway sandwich" sometimes. It could be worse. I mean it really could. Starbucks is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. Starbucks coffee is really good too. It's better than some of the coffee that tastes like breast milk!

LD- War Damn right back at you. If we don't win I'll probably die. And that's the truth. I'm going down for the LSwho game and am afraid I won't recognize it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Why do all the locals sell their land to developers? What locals are left? :dunno:
Are you referring to local coffee places which would be Starbuck's competition? If so, Ms Lucille's Gossip Parlor, Hibiscus Cafe and Guest House, Cerulean's (although that is owned by WaterColor / JOE, but still local), Modica Market, Frothy Frog, and Beach Java, to name a few.

Why do businesses sell out? More money and less work/headache.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Couple things:
Houston's is the best restaurant in the world. It's not cheap, but it's so good I'd take out a loan to eat there every day.

If the local yocal places would have subway priced food, maybe they could go head to head. I mean who doesn't crave a "subway sandwich" sometimes.
(ME)

It could be worse. I mean it really could. Starbucks is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. Starbucks coffee is really good too.It's better than some of the coffee that tastes like breast milk! ( Never had that brand. Are you sure it was coffee? )

LD- War Damn right back at you. If we don't win I'll probably die. And that's the truth. I'm going down for the LSwho game and am afraid I won't recognize it.
SJ=RED

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

Blah blah blah.
I love chains.
And I read trashy magazines.
And I pay $8 for 1 beer because I like to be seen places that sell expensive drinks.
But I got my hair cut at Fantastic Sam's today...and for me, that is a feat in itself.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
BABY BLUE-

I never said Houston's was cheap- but I don't consider it really expensive either. I like a wide range of restaurants. I'm disappointed in Auburn because the local places are gone and it has grown out of being just a college town.

And by the way, I am here a lot. So yes, I do know what it costs to eat along 30-A.

And here is a BIG WAR DAMN EAGLE to everyone!

Visiting and living are tooooooooo different things. You know Alabama is going to Kill Auburn this year. :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005