• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I just want to clarify that we will still cater to famlies and have a fun atmosphere. We will have a child friendly menu including pizzas, of course!
Our goal is to fulfill many needs on 30A and beyond.
Some of the thoughts that we are developing:
Light breakfast
family friendly lunch ( I will always keep in mind what our customers want!)
retail sales of wine, cheeses, gourmet foods and accessories
wine tastings
special wine dinners
once a week brunch incorporating breakfast pizzas
European ambiance keeping our location in mind
dinner entrees, tapas and desserts
occasional musical entertainment
special events including local talent

We will develop all concepts as we grow, and will incorporate ideas as they seem fitting.

We believe that we have a unique concept and will strive to please locals, visitors and vacationers :D Can't wait to see you at our place, enjoying and relaxing!

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
brunch with cheesy grits? You make them so well. :D

So glad this is coming to fruition and feel like I'm right there with you as the dream comes true. :wave:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Glad to bring Mango and Gypsea out of hibernation :love::wave: Can't wait to see you again
DD, You have always been an inspiration :love:

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I love Chan's and the food at the Chan's in Destin. Glad they are coming to WC.

To be honest though, I saw the banner at the new location with the Chan Wine world logo on it. Is there a better name, better suited for Watercolor? I wouldn't even mind the name "Chan's."

Don't get me wrong, I shop the Wine World next to the new Publix all the time, but feel that there should be a more upscale sounding name that would be better suited for that location. "Wine World" just sounds so pedestrian and generic to me.
Maybe it is just me:dunno:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I love Chan's and the food at the Chan's in Destin. Glad they are coming to WC.

To be honest though, I saw the banner at the new location with the Chan Wine world logo on it. Is there a better name, better suited for Watercolor? I wouldn't even mind the name "Chan's."

Don't get me wrong, I shop the Wine World next to the new Publix all the time, but feel that there should be a more upscale sounding name that would be better suited for that location. "Wine World" just sounds so pedestrian and generic to me.
I am very glad you enjoy our food :D Our cheeses, wines and other ammenities will be a part of our new location as well.
I am sure there are those which agree with you regarding the name, but Wine World is our name in seven other locations, it is who we are and what we have become known for. :D Our restaurant, however, will have it's own name.
Our restaurant in Destin is called The Wine Bar, but most times the whole location is simply known as "Chan's".

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
'The world's best wine salesman': Chan Cox's world keeps growing | cox, lot, world - Shopping - Welcome to Florida's Emerald Coast | Your hotel, resort, restaurant, nightlife, golf, and beach information resource for the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast!

Even though Cox doesn't make a point of telling people, he is very much a force behind several major annual events he helped develop. They include the Destin Wine Festival, the Destin Charity Wine Auction and the Taste of the Beach.