• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
:blush:Ok, I'll try.:blush:
but good grief, Vandy?

Vandy has an impressive record for upsetting #1 teams at home. I knew they would be trouble there.

And I am not going to down play the fact they had to play hard to beat Memphis. It was a physically and mentally tough game.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Seaside2, go to a game at Vandy and see how tough it is for other teams to come there and play, especially when their bench is at each end of the court behind the goals instead of side midcourt. When your team is going the other way down the court away from your bench and your coach, you are on your own. You cannot hear the coach calling plays out to you. Every team that goes into Nashville has problems on that court. And btw the Vols did beat Kentucky last Sunday 63-60 and took out the Florida Gators tonight by 3, 89-86, this was the one game I was worried about the most, but what a great game it was. Tennessee didn't do that well in the first half, even though they had 41 points, but they were down by as much as 16, but they battled back in the second half and held Florida off. What a exciting game. Wasn't comfortable with the Kentucky game Sunday but had a feeling the Vols would not let Kentucky get them again. Now all we have left is South Carolina at home. And that game should not be a problem.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
You are absolutely right!!!

Didn't get to see the game, had to go to a fund raiser (oh boy, oh boy. The wine and munchies were GRAYT though!!!)

Playing on somebody else's turf can lead you down the path to destruction. Vandy has done well, but, admit it now, they are not known as an athletic powerhouse. UT is and has shown some excellent BB playing by being a a well coached TEAM. Unlike UofM, which is basically a group of highly talented individuals out there trying to see who can hit the most 3's.

Post season play is very different from regular season, and teams that are disciplined, well coached and have a team mentality will always go far.
Uof M:dunno:
UT:clap:
SEC in general:clap::clap::clap:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Anybody looking forward to the SEC tournament starting tomorrow? I am but unfortunately it is on Raycom Sports which is Channel 30 here and our tv at work won't pick up that channel. :bang: We don't have cable at work.

I know my team doesn't play until Friday but I still would like to see the games at 12:00 and 2:15. I will just have to tape them. And I will be missing the Vols game on tv Friday because of the same issue. That stinks.

And listening to it on the radio won't be fun because once I know the outcome, especially if bad, I won't want to sit and watch the replay after knowing how the game came out.

I'm not asking who everyone thinks will win the entire tournament as there are too many Gator fans on here. :lol:

Last edited:
Do the Gators play basketball? My paradigm has totally changed since UF lost the starting basketball team from last year. And despite the Heisman, that poor baby lost a lot of great players from the previous year's team. :bang:

My weekends have changed, but ironically they are less stressful due to not having a dog in the fight.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Do the Gators play basketball? My paradigm has totally changed since UF lost the starting basketball team from last year. And despite the Heisman, that poor baby lost a lot of great players from the previous year's team. :bang:

My weekends have changed, but ironically they are less stressful due to not having a dog in the fight.

Yeah Beachrunner, they play tomorrow. Don't know whether they play during the day or tomorrow night. There are 4 games tomorrow and 4 Friday. Here are the games for the entire tournament. All games are eastern time.

2008 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament

First Round - Thursday, March 13

G1 [E5] South Carolina vs. [W4] LSU 1:00 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G2 [W6] Auburn vs. [E3] Vanderbilt 3:15 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G3 [W5] Alabama vs. [E4] Florida 7:30 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G4 [E6] Georgia vs. [W3] Ole Miss 9:45 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!

Second Round - Friday, March 14

G5 Game 1 Winner vs. [E1] Tennessee 1:00 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G6 Game 2 Winner vs. [W2] Arkansas 3:15 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G7 Game 3 Winner vs. [W1] Miss. State 7:30 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G8 Game 4 Winner vs. [E2] Kentucky 9:45 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!

Semifinals - Saturday, March 15

G9 Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner 1:00 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!
G10 Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Winner 3:15 p.m. / Raycom SEC Audio Live!

Finals - Sunday, March 16

G11 Game 9 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner 1:00 p.m. / CBS SEC Audio Live!

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
"Rah, Rah, Carolina....and just g.t.h. Duke Blue Devils."

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
You are absolutely right!!!

Didn't get to see the game, had to go to a fund raiser (oh boy, oh boy. The wine and munchies were GRAYT though!!!)

Playing on somebody else's turf can lead you down the path to destruction. Vandy has done well, but, admit it now, they are not known as an athletic powerhouse. UT is and has shown some excellent BB playing by being a a well coached TEAM. Unlike UofM, which is basically a group of highly talented individuals out there trying to see who can hit the most 3's.

Post season play is very different from regular season, and teams that are disciplined, well coached and have a team mentality will always go far.
Uof M:dunno:
UT:clap:
SEC in general:clap::clap::clap:

Tennessee is guilty also of trying too many threes at times and not being successful. And when they keep missing them and keep attempting them it makes me even madder when they can go inside and get baskets. if they are not falling quit trying. But lately they have gotten back in form where hitting their threes are concerned. My team plays in 13 minutes. Hope they can knock of SC again a third time this season. Go Vols.