• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
My idea of good comfort food, in no particular order. ;-) Big pot of pinto beans, served with buttermilk cornbread, fried taters with onions, fried okra, homemade fried corn, fried green tomatoes, my grandmas fried chicken, chicken fried steak and gravy, all the above served with fresh sliced home grown tomatoes, and a big hunk of vidallia onion. Mmm Mmm Good!!!!!!!! Gosh, I'm hungry now!!!!! At least I do have a roast in the oven and baby lima beans to look forward to in a little while. :D
Wow! This makes me so homesick for some good Southern cooking. :love:

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
Yesterday, since it was so cold and blowy, we made grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches with cream of chicken soup (good old Campbell's made with milke). This morning my husband made corned beef hash, scrambled eggs with picante sauce (hot H*ll on the Red-yum) and biscuits.

For regular days, comfort food includes meat loaf, stuffed peppers, potato casserole, green bean casserole, lasagna, spaghetti, tuna salad, chili....dang- now I am hungry.

And, beach runner- I wish I had tape recorded my mom everytime she was lucid. She had Alzheimer's for almost 15 years, was silent for about 5 of those and I miss her voice the most. :blush:

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
My idea of good comfort food, in no particular order. ;-) Big pot of pinto beans, served with buttermilk cornbread, fried taters with onions, fried okra, homemade fried corn, fried green tomatoes, my grandmas fried chicken, chicken fried steak and gravy, all the above served with fresh sliced home grown tomatoes, and a big hunk of vidallia onion. Mmm Mmm Good!!!!!!!! Gosh, I'm hungry now!!!!! At least I do have a roast in the oven and baby lima beans to look forward to in a little while. :D

Darlene! I love all this stuff!! You are killin' me here!!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Darlene! I love all this stuff!! You are killin' me here!!

Sorry DD, can you tell I have PMS......:funn: Oh, I left off the best part, my grandmothers homemade German Chocolate Cake for dessert. ;-)

Let's open a restaurant in SoWal that serves real good Southern Comfort food. We could call it "Comfort Foods for the Soul". :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Sorry DD, can you tell I have PMS......:funn: Oh, I left off the best part, my grandmothers homemade German Chocolate Cake for dessert. ;-)

Let's open a restaurant in SoWal that serves real good Southern Comfort food. We could call it "Comfort Foods for the Soul". :D

Well, I don't have PMS, but I could eat all that stuff right now! LOVE fried taters with onions!! I'd be happy to open a restaurant with ya...we could get Allifunn too. We'd make millions and be adored by all of SoWal!! :D

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Well, I don't have PMS, but I could eat all that stuff right now! LOVE fried taters with onions!! I'd be happy to open a restaurant with ya...we could get Allifunn too. We'd make millions and be adored by all of SoWal!! :D

I know probably TMI on the PMS, but it is the truth. :blush: When I first started my career and not making much money, I actually lived on fried taters and onions, and I never to this day can get tired of them. Yes, Allifunn can join us as well. I think we could make millions and then buy the Washaway!!!!!! :clap_1:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
I know probably TMI on the PMS, but it is the truth. :blush: When I first started my career and not making much money, I actually lived on fried taters and onions, and I never to this day can get tired of them. Yes, Allifunn can join us as well. I think we could make millions and then buy the Washaway!!!!!! :clap_1:

Now THIS sounds like a plan!! :clap_1:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Hey, did anyone mention cheese fries? Scratch that, make mine jalapeno cheese fries. And don't even think of dumping that yellowish sludge on my fries that they serve at high school football games. Cook my fries extra crisp and shave some good cheddar over the pile...toss some jalapenos on top and slide it under the broiler. NOW we are dining fine:drool:

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Hey, did anyone mention cheese fries? Scratch that, make mine jalapeno cheese fries. And don't even think of dumping that yellowish sludge on my fries that they serve at high school football games. Cook my fries extra crisp and shave some good cheddar over the pile...toss some jalapenos on top and slide it under the broiler. NOW we are dining fine:drool:

Dude, you're killing me. :drool: