• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Hey, did anyone mention cheese fries? Scratch that, make mine jalapeno cheese fries. And don't even think of dumping that yellowish sludge on my fries that they serve at high school football games. Cook my fries extra crisp and shave some good cheddar over the pile...toss some jalapenos on top and slide it under the broiler. NOW we are dining fine:drool:

YUM!!!! And I'll take a couple of those things in your tar too!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This morning I had a big bowl of grits all to my self, of course.

What I REALLY want is a recipe for vodka pasta sauce. Anyone??

Thanks BR, for starting this thread. :clap_1:

yes I do have this recipe, and its so wonderful. I quit adding the vodka because it just doesn't make a difference, at least in this dish. it's basically a tomato/cream sauce. what does make a difference is a good fresh tomato & meat sauce as a starter. let me know if you want this. I learned it from The Three Amigos cooking class at Kitchenique, Sandestin. one of the best dishes evah!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Can you guess who is on a low carb diet currently:bang:
Man, I would kill for a french fry po-boy...homecut fries deep fried, placed atop warm buttered French bread, a touch of mayo and a bowl of debris laden roast beef gravy for dipping. Heaven on Earth:bow:

dooder. you need to go to confession...

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
yes I do have this recipe, and its so wonderful. I quit adding the vodka because it just doesn't make a difference, at least in this dish. it's basically a tomato/cream sauce. what does make a difference is a good fresh tomato & meat sauce as a starter. let me know if you want this. I learned it from The Three Amigos cooking class at Kitchenique, Sandestin. one of the best dishes evah!
I'd love this recipe. And I figured it didn't matter about the vodka.
We always order it when we're at our local Italian hole in the wall, but I really want to make it at home.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Can you guess who is on a low carb diet currently:bang:
Man, I would kill for a french fry po-boy...homecut fries deep fried, placed atop warm buttered French bread, a touch of mayo and a bowl of debris laden roast beef gravy for dipping. Heaven on Earth:bow:

What could be better than potatoes and bread? With mayo. :clap_1:

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Yesterday, since it was so cold and blowy, we made grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches with cream of chicken soup (good old Campbell's made with milke). This morning my husband made corned beef hash, scrambled eggs with picante sauce (hot H*ll on the Red-yum) and biscuits.

For regular days, comfort food includes meat loaf, stuffed peppers, potato casserole, green bean casserole, lasagna, spaghetti, tuna salad, chili....dang- now I am hungry.

And, beach runner- I wish I had tape recorded my mom everytime she was lucid. She had Alzheimer's for almost 15 years, was silent for about 5 of those and I miss her voice the most. :blush:

That is a very good idea. We believe my mom is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. Tough to get a good diagnosis.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
All food is comfort food to me! :D
And I get comfort from cooking it too!:love:
Any Cuban food is my favorite though!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Yesterday I was out doing errands and stopped at the new Fresh Market. Oh my gosh....I hate to say it, but I did a binge buy of comfort foods from their deli.....and I mean binge. Everything from sweet corn caserole to stuffed grape leaves my arms could not hold it all! Then over to the desserts.....oh my, one was not enough. :blush: I literally went out and had a picnic in the car. :drool: :drool:

I felt like a stuffed grape leaf after that. Must be the weather!:dunno:

K :party:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Yesterday I was out doing errands and stopped at the new Fresh Market. Oh my gosh....I hate to say it, but I did a binge buy of comfort foods from their deli.....and I mean binge. Everything from sweet corn caserole to stuffed grape leaves my arms could not hold it all! Then over to the desserts.....oh my, one was not enough. :blush: I literally went out and had a picnic in the car. :drool: :drool:

I felt like a stuffed grape leaf after that. Must be the weather!:dunno:

K :party:

this sounds so wonderful. I'm going to do the exact same thing soon!