• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
What is their definition of "hazard"?

Do I have to actually break a bone tripping over the crap in the dark or would some scrapes, bruises, or a sprain suffice? :angry:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
What disappoints me is the lack of concern for fellow people. Stuff left for days on the beach are also often left indefinitely when they decide to go back to whereever they come from and what are they going to do with 4 beach chairs and a big bucket full of shovels and toys.
So they leave them on the beach thinking they are doing someone a favor by giving them free stuff....except nobody knows they left and soon, everything is washing in the surf.

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the conscience some must have to quietly bury their empty beer cans or cigarette butts on the same beaches children are playing on.

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
I feel for the sea turtles who have to twist and turn to get around stuff...or they just give up trying....disappointed in our county also...if you say you are going to pick up stuff then do it!

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]

Dave Sell <dsell@beachesofsouthwalton.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:23:13 -0500
To: Kevin Hargett <harkevin@co.walton.fl.us>
Conversation: items on the beach
Subject: Re: items on the beach

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Kevin,
We were instructed b y the county attorney to immediately cease removing items off the beach unless is a hazard.
Dave
[/FONT]​

Nothing good can come from this. :bang:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Is anyone in a position to get a statement from the county attorney as to why this position is being taken?

It would help us all to get this directly...

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Yes, especially considering how much they spent sending flyers to homeowners telling them to make sure all the renters knew that the county was going to remove everything (no exceptions) that was left behind on the beaches at night.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Edgewater sued over removal of personal property from private property and for the order to remove a volley ball net.

The two sides mer last week in the Judges chambers concerning the basis of the suit and the counties failure to produce certain public records.