Dave Rauschkolb
Beach Fanatic
Not worth my time to continue talking. Thanks for the moment Fact or Fiction.
How would you collect from people using your Beach? And would you give them a wristband?It would appear the title of this thread is dead on arrival based on the recent posts. And, of course, most people think the only solution is via CUnCOURT anyway.
The compromises I suggested was a simple attempt to increase (bridge) access to the beach via private property until this CU mess gets settled one way or the other in court. If CU ultimately prevails, no harm, no foul. If CU ultimately fails, the county will have to get serious about purchasing private beach for public use, including parking. And it will be more expensive at that time.
But some can’t see past their own nose, wanting it all or nothing.
So now, I change my mind about supporting the concept of allowing the public to use the back part of our beach. It’s pretty obvious that it would be just another one of those no good deed goes unpunished. And I’m probably being a bit naive thinking that anyone would actually “appreciate” the effort.
Walton County should show their gratitude and in fairness give you a set of rules of beach behavior that people must follow or be removed from the beach
I have one question for both sides: why not settle this thing now before it is too late for peace and happiness...
a great opportunity here to show your generosity and drop the lawsuit
The public would have had access to the back part of the beach. The county would have compensated with reduced taxes while in effect. No wristband necessary. And importantly, the whole “deal” could be cancelled at any time if it didn’t work out (enforcement).How would you collect from people using your Beach? And would you give them a wristband?
Please do it now...
Let’s be honest here about “community”. Most everything south of 98 caters to tourists and the dollars they bring. There’s not much sense of community down here IMHO when your neighbors change on a weekly basis. And I don’t think our beach town is unique in that regard.Our community is at stake. I am concerned that we get so caught up in being "right" that we lose sight of community.