• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
...The beaches belong to everyone.
Why didn’t you just say so? :)

There is no nazi card.
Correct...not from you so far.

But there are truthful and hurtful actions excluding groups of people that have taken place in the past on and off beaches
And there were equal and opposite hurtful actions from people who feel entitled to another’s property and by those looking to sensationalize these events on social media BEFORE a judicial determination is made and by those who continue to “deamonize” private property owners for buying and owning legally deeded property.

In the end the private beaches will still be privately owned (not an opinion). The question then becomes if the public will be able to use it based on the claim of customary use.

I guess I’m sure to get a big fat red X from you.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
A
Why didn’t you just say so? :)

Correct...not from you so far.

And there were equal and opposite hurtful actions from people who feel entitled to another’s property and by those looking to sensationalize these events on social media BEFORE a judicial determination is made and by those who continue to “deamonize” private property owners for buying and owning legally deeded property.

In the end the private beaches will still be privately owned (not an opinion). The question then becomes if the public will be able to use it based on the claim of customary use.

I guess I’m sure to get a big fat red X from you.
DEMONIZE. that is what you and your friends here do best. Hope you are having an emotional support beer on me The bar is open. Cheers!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa, what feel good pill did you pop this morning? I want one! Beer’s only available after 5pm by custom.

When you attempt to defend Daniel Uhlfelder’s remark, you obviously have no clue how hurtful to me that remark was. And I understand that because you don’t know me personally. And I won’t let it go until he or Dave R (via proxy) apologizes for it.

Added....And the reason I brought this up Nazi card reference up in the first place, in case you’ve forgotten, is because because of the gall exhibited by Dave Rauschkolb when he started talking about respect on this thread. And I responded, “How can there be any respect when.......”. Remember?

That type of thinkinking on Daniel Uhlfelder’s part is the exact thing that encourages the repeated STAGED BEACH CONFLICTS that accomplishes nothing but antagonize the BFO and the sheriff’s department........Remember the title of this thread?

I will hand it to Dave and Daniel for manipulating readers on social media. And I can understand how you and others can be so blind to the tactics because you want CU to succeed so badly.

I don’t have a problem with an individual wanting CU aside from the obvious legal expense defending ourselves for something that should not be taking place. I just don’t appreciate the villification of private property owners trying to protect their property along with defending ourselves from continued LIES and MISTRUTHS, especially from someone like Uhlfelder pulling out the Nazi card.

Ahole, mean, rich, greedy, selfish, entitled, narcissistic, arrogant, etc., etc., don’t even faze me. After being attacked for 14 years on SoWal, one tends to become conditioned.
Very sorry if you have been attacked here. That is not acceptable.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
Reggie Gaskins, Apr 25, 2019 ... 24 25 26

Replies:
Views:
For what it's worth, I joined this group over 3 years ago. When I joined, I saw that most people, other than staff, had fictional names. I didn't know why they used fictional names, but I followed suit. Now I know why. I don't know what the intention of this forum was when it was created, but it seems clear to me now why people don't use their real names in most cases. People enjoy being keyboard warriors, but not having to own up to their hostile remarks. Or, even if they are polite and respectful, they are subject to name calling, belittling, and other verbal attack. Putting all that aside, this post has generated more views and replies for this site than any I can recall in my time on the site. At least it's good for your site metrics, so maybe it isn't all bad even if you disagree with most of the people who have spoken up.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Oh there are bigger threads and much more honest and constructive.

The forum was created to provide a place for people to share their beach experiences including during and after hurricane and storms. To share. To ask and answer questions about our community. To allow you the reader to decide what you want from the forum. Fifteen years and thousands of posts later on every topic... This may be the very first Alternative Reality thread. Congratulations.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Not sure why you edited out the Penis cake as your example, but I did go check it out. Amusing for sure. I guess honest and constructive is a matter of perspective. I think there are people on both sides of this issue that are honest and constructive and some of them spoke up here. There are also people who have beliefs that don't coincide with facts and no amount of proof will change those beliefs. The whole point of this thread seemed to be about our 30A Legacy. One thing that seems pretty clear is that this conflict will not improve the 30A Legacy no matter how it is ultimately resolved by the courts.

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
I agree FactorFiction if I can tweek your wording a bit. The CU conflict will not improve the legacy of the beaches of Walton County.

30A and South Walton are relatively recent monikers for the area. Hardly legacy unless you are subject to marketing campaigns.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....The forum was created to provide a place for people to share their beach experiences including during and after hurricane and storms. To share. To ask and answer questions about our community. To allow you the reader to decide what you want from the forum. Fifteen years and thousands of posts later on every topic... This may be the very first Alternative Reality thread. Congratulations.
What a tease!
I thought you were taking the high road, you know, reaching out just a little, pointing out common ground. But then I was hit with your “Alternative Reality” comment and a “Congratulations” and then I realize that it’s just business as usual.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I agree FactorFiction if I can tweek your wording a bit. The CU conflict will not improve the legacy of the beaches of Walton County.

30A and South Walton are relatively recent monikers for the area. Hardly legacy unless you are subject to marketing campaigns.

Point taken. I guess 30A only counts back to around 1960 and the other monikers much more recently.

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
Reggie Gaskins, Apr 25, 2019 ... 24 25 26

Replies:
Views:
For what it's worth, I joined this group over 3 years ago. When I joined, I saw that most people, other than staff, had fictional names. I didn't know why they used fictional names, but I followed suit. Now I know why. I don't know what the intention of this forum was when it was created, but it seems clear to me now why people don't use their real names in most cases. People enjoy being keyboard warriors, but not having to own up to their hostile remarks. Or, even if they are polite and respectful, they are subject to name calling, belittling, and other verbal attack. Putting all that aside, this post has generated more views and replies for this site than any I can recall in my time on the site. At least it's good for your site metrics, so maybe it isn't all bad even if you disagree with most of the people who have spoken up.
I agree. I am new to this forum, and after reading several threads and responses decided to create an account so I could reply. The majority of responses were by people with fun beach names, so I followed suit to create my profile. There was nothing secretive about this. I enjoy reading the different opinions- just not the personal bashing and name calling. Thanks for pointing out the satire... while it is not my style, I now understand what Pam Hicks was trying to accomplish, even if I disagree with her.