• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Both sides need to stop acting like spoiled children and this thread needs to end. Hasn’t been an original thought in months.

Walton County Judge will issue an opinion, losing side will appeal, and this will go on for 5 to 7 years as it works its way through the trial and appellate Courts. The lawyers are going to do what they do, and in the meantime, EVERYONE should tone down the rhetoric and related nonsense. Nothing said on this site will have any meaning to either side of the debate, nor the eventual Court determined outcome. Everything being said back and forth here is just colored bubbles.

How about doing away with beach vendors and opening up 100% of the County beaches to the public and see what that does to the crowded beaches? Just a thought.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
No one ever spoke of our beaches being private until a few years ago when this nonsense started.

Dave, doesn't the 2009 Court decision on the Edgewater - BCC Court Case prove that legally deeded private beach property is indeed legal and protected by property rights (including the right to exclude). What happen in 2016 that over rode this important Court Decision to allow the BCC to now claim (only since 2016) the public has full and unrestricted access against the will of the property owner? What did you say in the phone call to her to justify yourself being a co-plaintiff in a lawsuit against Edgewater spending millions of tax dollars to try and take rights already confirmed in Court years ago forcing Edgewater, and thousands of other property owners, to pay lawyers millions more?

WHY
it is reasonable to remove property rights from legally deeded private property owners as CONFIRMED in COURT (Edgewater). WHAT evidence has shown going to every single parcel in the 26 mile stretch from the mean high tide line to the dunes is without interruption ? Does the fact the county excluded Topsail show it is interrupted and NOT valid for the entire 26 miles of Walton County coastline? WHEN did this issue become WITHOUT DISPUTE as specified in the County Lawsuit? Seems like the FBFA lawyers viral videos along with estimated cost of $50,000,000 and 10 years in court proves this is highly disputed. FBFA is a plaintiff in a court case where they claim removing these rights are "ancient, reasonable, without interruption, and without dispute" yet can not answer the fundamental claim in the lawsuit?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Both sides need to stop acting like spoiled children and this thread needs to end. Hasn’t been an original thought in months.

Walton County Judge will issue an opinion, losing side will appeal, and this will go on for 5 to 7 years as it works its way through the trial and appellate Courts. The lawyers are going to do what they do, and in the meantime, EVERYONE should tone down the rhetoric and related nonsense. Nothing said on this site will have any meaning to either side of the debate, nor the eventual Court determined outcome. Everything being said back and forth here is just colored bubbles.

How about doing away with beach vendors and opening up 100% of the County beaches to the public and see what that does to the crowded beaches? Just a thought.

One of the best comments yet on this thread.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Of course this thread should end. Should have ended months ago. Questions have been asked over and over. Answers are given over and over. Nothing new or informational has happened here in a long time. That said I believe that people who abuse power need to be checked. The nature of politics is that when something is said enough times it is assumed to be facts. The beach has always been used for recreational public use which is both a fact and the truth. These power brokers are trying to change the facts. They are creating a false truth about what our Constitution protects. Minority and majority rights are at issue and one side is abusing their power. This abuse must be checked.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
You know, when I started this 6 months ago, the same article was submitted to 6 online sources. All were censored off because of the brutal honesty, except here. Here, they censored the title, and a few posts, OK, not pure, but good for Walton County messaging standards.

Given the latest legal and community developments, I would argue that there is indeed new material being exposed almost daily now. Worthy of public discussion and consumption.

And if this particular thread wasn’t currently getting over 500 daily views, I might suggest one could argue for closing it.

But nah, since the audience is there, let’s go just a little bit further in exposing, I mean exploring, this CU thing...

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
The spiking of the football is premature. Besides, even if you win you remain a greedy ahole to Beach lovers and neighbors. A million to one are odds not in your favor. The court is irrelevant in determining character.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Those two lawyers for the County probably need help as they are up against an arsenal of lawyers representing wealth and power.

I guess this means that you don't count the FBFA attorney(s) or any of the attorneys representing clients who have intervened FOR customary use instead of against it?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
ForF, what is your point? What ratio of lawyers seems right to you?

I know you disagree with a community fish fry? I have asked this question of you before so here it is again "do you believe that the beaches in Walton County have been used for public recreation or private exclusion?"