• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Just keep bloviating. You already know what we think.
LVT, you’ve asked me three questions, I’ve answered all three. I’ve asked you 50, you’ve responded seven(7) times and yet answered none, not one. Why not? Who’s “bloviating”? I’m Just trying to have a discussion. Let’s try this last one; Your statement about Customary Use being currently recognized on our beaches is a statement of law, not “feelings”, correct? In order to keep social order, there must be rules and enforcement. Under which government authority is Customary Use currently governed?

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
And before we see the following, I’ll say it for you...
There are examples of terrible, extreme, intimidating
30aholes on both sides of the issue. There are a few very vocal, mean, intimidating, extreme private beach owners who aren’t helping our community at all. Their actions on the beach give us a bad name and hurt the community. Period.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Give it up, Reggie. You’ve been outclassed with Deja Poo and Not Today.

I’m still baffled as to why nobody supporting CU here on SoWal will condemn the horrible insinuation that Daniel Uhlfelder made that BFOs are acting like Nazis. But then again, I’m not.

Pick and choose. That’s the motto of CU proponents. Please, anybody?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Teresa, what part of my post are you disagreeing with?....being outclassed or that nobody has called out Daniel Uhlfelder on his oppression remark? Oh yeah, I forgot I inserted the pick and choose comment. There’s no way CU folks would ever do that.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Reggie: Been visiting Seagrove annually since 1969. It is my 96 year old mom’s happy place. Over the past 12 years or so we’ve come in the Fall. Because she is 96 last year we came in July. Yes, the crowds were a shock; I even asked a group if they could turn down their music. They kindly obliged. She was too feeble to go on the sand but I relayed to her about the chains and signs I saw on the beach. She was flummoxed - compared it to buying a beautiful house with a lovely view on a busy road, then complaining about the traffic. I got her with help from kind strangers onto the sand for the last sunset. Mama is right.

Attachments

• 94A352C0-E41D-4B29-B0DE-8F29CFB4FA2E.jpeg
    94A352C0-E41D-4B29-B0DE-8F29CFB4FA2E.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 104

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
This is all very familiar. And of course the word MOB is used....to describe CU advocates...more silliness. Reggie, have I ever met you on the street or on the beach? You're not hiding under a fake name are you? I represent myself fully for every thing I say and do...do you? Now don't you think if you are going to call people a liar (me on several occasions) you should be honest (the opposite of lying) about your name/identity? You seem to be a new voice and authority on this subject. Brand new SoWal identity. Who are you really? Do you own property? Beachfront property? Perhaps under another name? Certainly not under the name Reggie Gaskins. Disclaimer: if you are really Reggie Gaskins and a beachfront owner or even a property owner then full apologies and thanks for your insight and "authority" on the subject of private beaches.Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 3.51.07 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Dave, glad you could stop back in, thank you. Now folks, ask yourself this, if one's singular offense was NOT to shame and silence all opposing voices, why would one so deeply research all current and past county records to discover my property ownership? Wouldn't it be a TRUE advocate's responsibility to join the conversation, add to the discussion, answer maybe just one of the 50 questions presented, defend one's position? Fair question? Dave, I promise not to bring your family, business, personal life into this public discussion. You need to please do the same. I've never said I own beach property. Why? Because what I own doesn't matter. What matters is the discussion of the many facts deeply affecting EVERYONE's community, presented here - that are still entirely unchallenged. Therein lies the difference between an advocate and an activist. I look forward to our constructive discussion.
Respectfully, Reg

Last edited:

Turtlefan

Beach Crab
Apr 25, 2019
Miramar
It seems quite irresponsible for someone who claims to be a community “leader” to make such a dishonest statement. There is a very real and legally documented history of tens of thousands of real estate transactions, all of which were carefully considered and researched by people wanting to buy their dream; what was marketed and sold to them, as “Private beach”. It’s disrespectful to group them all as “ridiculous”. They are not to blame. To dismiss them with a lie is hurting your cause. Are you telling the hundreds of thousands of people that looked at “Private” beach that they were seeing things in 1920,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,2000,2010? Houses in your subdivision STILL advertise your “private beach” behind security gates keeping the public out. Walton residents deliberately and properly bought private beach, regardless of how you “feel” about it. The entire community believes we have a problem. We all agree something needs to be done. But turning our beaches into a “free for all” Panama City Beach atmosphere kills the very personality we’ve grown to love. CU will do that. It will bring much more restaurant revenue, heck - restaurants will probably expand in anticipation, but that’s pretty one sided. Lying to the public about quiet titles, privatization, taxes, access, trespassing, is only making it worse. Please allow folks trying to make it better to drive now, this carnival show is hurting the community.
Exactly!!

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
This is all very familiar. And of course the word MOB is used....to describe CU advocates...more silliness. Reggie, have I ever met you on the street or on the beach? You're not hiding under a fake name are you? I represent myself fully for every thing I say and do...do you? Now don't you think if you are going to call people a liar (me on several occasions) you should be honest (the opposite of lying) about your name/identity? You seem to be a new voice and authority on this subject. Brand new SoWal identity. Who are you really? Do you own property? Beachfront property? Perhaps under another name? Certainly not under the name Reggie Gaskins. Disclaimer: if you are really Reggie Gaskins and a beachfront owner or even a property owner then full apologies and thanks for your insight and "authority" on the subject of private beaches.
Dave Rauschkolb, glad to see you in an open forum. Another attempt to obfuscate and not address the facts of the issue. It does not require beach ownership to know the facts of the ancient English, not American, doctrine of custom. Many more state courts have historically rejected customary use than accepted. Connecticut, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Virginia, Michigan. Why do you worry about names and not facts? Can you describe the legal doctrine of English custom, it’s criteria, define what the legal criteria are? What is ancient? 1970? Do any of the custom criteria include the (positive or negative) affect on the local economy? Unless ALL of the customary use criteria are proven by evidence in a court; not by a Commisioner's vote, then there is no customary use of private property. What facts do you have? Okaloosa and Bay counties do not have customary use ordinances and their real estate are increasing just like Walton's. The ignorant baseless fear mongering is affecting local economy based on CU FB posts (it's on the internet!). Customary use is a legal solution to a political problem and leadership incompetence; and fact of not enough public sand for the for the demand. Why does the TDC spend $20M a year marketing the public and private beaches of Walton? Why don't the local beachfront businesses that benefit from the TDC marketing like businesses in Seaside pay the $20M for it instead of the tourist tax payer?

You don’t have to own beachfront to be informed or uninformed. You and your companies do not own private beachfront property and you present yourself as an "authority" and expert on customary use. As you know many beachfront owners use LLC and Trusts to hold property, just like you do with Dragonfly Sky LLC and won’t be found in the public records. I use a aliases here to protect my property from being mobbed by those ignorant of the law; like at Vizcaya. Can you educate us in the facts of the doctrine of custom? And don’t say why don’t I. I and many other have in posts over the years. What have facts about the doctrine of customary use have you or Ulhfelder added? Your slogan "Your sand is my sand" is catchy but factually and legally wrong.

Still stand by your earlier post on the thread? “No one ever spoke of our beaches being private until a few years ago when this nonsense started.” Of you intentionally misinforming people without and ignorant of the facts; yes. I don’t recall Reggie or anyone on this thread calling you a liar once much less “on several occasions”.

Reggie, refer back to my initial post on this thread. “Unfortunately, no customary use facts or rational reason to the contrary will persuade the ignorant [about the doctrine of customary use].” Many over the years like BlueMtnBeachVagrant, Shannon Lince, Fact or Fiction, off the top of my head, have presented facts and shown how the fiction of CU claims are false; like quiet title and dry sand can’t be built on (sand can not be built on because Governments police power have prohibited it; then claim the sand is worthless?). Others post trash media cartoons that Huckbee posts signs on his property (now that’s a lie) then think THEY know “trash” media (that Dave R responded to) when they see it? I agree about two things. The courts will decide the law and no compromise on property rights protected by the Constitution. Please continue on. If you don't see posts agreeing with you don't think there are not; it's because you can't fix .... it here.

Last edited by a moderator: